Women of Faith.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
Have any of you girls been to one of these conferences??? This was my 2nd year and it was bittersweet....this time last year, I went with my two best friends to this conference and we spent the weekend praising our God and just being together in the Lord.....at last year's conference we bought our tickets for this year and were planning how this was going to be an annual tradition. Well, as I shared with you in the beginning of this year, I lost one of those wonderful sisters in Christ to cancer very suddenly. That was the bitter of the weekend, we had no idea then, that the tradition would be changed so soon....the sweet tho, her daughter joined us and it was healing balm for us all. The theme for this years' conference is "Infinite Grace" - how appropriate. Anyway - just thoughts on my mind.....k

It's wonderful that your friend's daughter was able to join you in her mom's place. What a perfect way to carry on the tradition.

I'm so sad to hear about your friend, but am glad that her daughter was able to join you. :)

I went to a Women of Faith conference once about 7 years ago. I remember practically laughing my head off because about 3 of the women speakers were Christian comedians. Chonda Pierce was one of them. We had a good, uplifting time. Sheila Walsh was there, too, and gave her incredible testimony. She aslo sang the most incredible and haunting a cappella version of 'Great Is Thy Faithfulness'. It sent chills up and down my spine.

IrishLass

This sounds like a wonderful conference. I hope you have the time of your life. I know your friend's spirit will be especially strong with you while you are there.

I've always wanted to do something like that, but for me,I think it would be interesting to join a group that included any woman who faithfully worships the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That way I could explore my faith in God among a sisterhood that also included Jews, Muslims, B'ahai and fellow Mormons(though as a Mormon I do consider myself a Christian, I do not subscribe to every tentent in the "statement of faith" and am therefore considered to be a non-Christian by many)

Does anyone know if such a group exists?

There has to be Missjulesdid. I am a Christian, but have friends of all faiths.....different walks of life.....for me, the message that speaks volumes to me, is who Jesus befriended....he had no predjudice, He loved everyone and that is His commandment to us.

IrishLass, I laughed till my face hurt and cried quite a bit as well. Chondra P. wasn't there, but Sheila was, Patsy Clairmont, Luci Swindoll.....ANITA RENFROE - who is my all time favorite Christian comedienne!!! We did have a wonderful time! I am still riding on the wave of emotion of what I took home from being with 20,000 women praising God. It was awesome~ k

Back