winter 2009

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and I just can't get into it... I am tired of the spices and apples. I like summer scents best. :D I am doing pumpkin pie, cranberry, frankincense & myrrh, peppermint candies, and snow flakes (my own conjure.)

I just ordered a few. I already have Candy Cane (which I don't really like so not sure if I will make it for the Xmas fairs), and "Zen Christmas" from SOS (just trying to get rid of them, I don't really like SOS FO's!) I also have Northern Pines from NDA which smells Christmas tree-like but semi floral.... it's nice. I will most likely also do some Sugar Cookie or Spice Cake type scents, maybe some Cranberry...

i need a good Christmas scent. I used Holly berry from BB last year and now it is no longer available. I liked Mistle toe from SS but am ordering a large bulk of supplies from WSP and want to find one there to save on shipping. Any ideas?

I like the Sugar Shortbread from wsp
Spiced Christmas Pear from heaven scents
oh, and of coarse peppermint

do people really like the cranberry scents?

help!!! :D

I made a batch of WSP's Christmas Wreath and it's ok, very piney.
I do like their Cozy Christmas FO.

I find that a small percentage of my customers do like cranberry either plain or mixed with other fo's.

Good Luck

x

soaping the "usual suspects" plus buttermint candy, bayberry, mulberry and stargazer lily. maybe hot cocoa.

i've had it with "piney" scents!

Re: x

heartsong said:
soaping the "usual suspects" plus buttermint candy, bayberry, mulberry and stargazer lily. maybe hot cocoa.

what does stargazer lily smell like? where so you get this?
thanks! :D

llineb said:
heartsong said:

stargazer is the most intoxicating f/o! it smells just like the sweet fragrant hybrid oriental lilies that it is named for.

IMHO-MUCH better than lily of the valley, jasmine and gardenia and the rest.

sweetcakes now makes you special order a minimum of 5 pounds.

i have a little left from www.brambleberry.com it's great, and i have some coming from peaks candle supply.

www.fromnaturewithlove.com used to carry it too.

add at thin trace-depending on my recipe, it it sometimes accelerates trace, but it is worth it! just be prepared.

i blend it 1:1 with some of the soaping oils, which helps alot.

i use .75 oz ppo.

heartsong said:
llineb said:
heartsong said:

stargazer is the most intoxicating f/o! it smells just like the sweet fragrant hybrid oriental lilies that it is named for.

IMHO-MUCH better than lily of the valley, jasmine and gardenia and the rest.

sweetcakes now makes you special order a minimum of 5 pounds.

i have a little left from www.brambleberry.com it's great, and i have some coming from peaks candle supply.

www.fromnaturewithlove.com used to carry it too.

thanks monet!!! i bought lily of the valley and haven't used it yet. i didn't really care for the smell. gardenia is a top seller for me so i will try this stargazer. thank you!!!!!!!
lara

add at thin trace-depending on my recipe, it it sometimes accelerates trace, but it is worth it! just be prepared.

i blend it 1:1 with some of the soaping oils, which helps alot.

i use .75 oz ppo.

2 parts cranberry to 1 part orange works great. The cranberry is slightly dominant. You can do 1:1. However, you will have the scent clearly more orange even though equal parts were used. Orange is potent!

Back