Wine Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! I've made soap with wine a couple times now and I am in love. I have read that if you leave uncapped beer on the counter for a couple of days you don't need to boil the alcohol out because it evaporates. Can the same thing be done with wine? ITs Hot where I am at and boiling, Heat etc.. is grueling..... seems a bit easier just to let it evap. naturally? any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks

Hi! I've made soap with wine a couple times now and I am in love. I have read that if you leave uncapped beer on the counter for a couple of days you don't need to boil the alcohol out because it evaporates. Can the same thing be done with wine? ITs Hot where I am at and boiling, Heat etc.. is grueling..... seems a bit easier just to let it evap. naturally? any thoughts would be so appreciated. Thanks
Hi @ttc, someone else recently posted this same question here in another thread, and it has been answered by several people. I recommend clicking that link to read the thread.

The short answer is that you really should boil it down, but if you want to try it without boiling, be prepared with safety gear for a potential strong reaction with the lye.

Hi @ttc, someone else recently posted this same question here in another thread, and it has been answered by several people. I recommend clicking that link to read the thread.

The short answer is that you really should boil it down, but if you want to try it without boiling, be prepared with safety gear for a potential strong reaction with the lye.
I tried to search it out but only found really old posts. thanks so much!!!

Latest posts

Back