Whole Foods Market for Oils & xanthan Gum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnitaB

Reaction score
Yesterday I fell in love with this store! We, (hubby & I) went shopping at Whole Foods for the first time. It's now my favorite store! Anyway they had all kinds of different oils that can be used in soaps, even grape seed oil!

So, I bought Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum the kind for food, but was wondering if I can use that in my body washes or hand soaps as a lite thickener? It's a creme color. I know that there is one that stays clear and sold online but this was a good deal.

I also bought a Jason brand vitamin e, pure natural skin oil. It does state on the label that it can be added to lotion. So I'm thinking it can be used in soaps as well. But I don't know yet. Next batch of CP I will be adding/testing it.

Anybody else shop at Whole Foods? I've made a switch from my usual market to this one. More healthier choices!

I love Whole Foods too tho they are so far from my home that I only get there about every 2 months or so. You can be sure I have a long list when I go! I don't know about the thickener but I'm pretty sure the vitamin e would lose any benefit due to saponification.

Back