Where to buy oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveOscar

Reaction score
I tried searching the forum and failed miserably. :problem:

So where do you guys buy your oils? Olive, canola, coconut and sunflower are pretty quick finds in the grocery store. But what about palm, castor, rice bran, etc? I would much rather try to find a local source than going online. I'm googling local health food stores as I type. :shifty:

Jessica

Jessica, I am a staunch supporter of buying local and do so whenever possible. One consideration for your oil choices though is their shelf life. The "heavy hitters", most popular companies mentioned here on the forum have such quick turnaround, you can be assured their products are fresh. Health food stores are generally pretty pricy as well. I see you are from Tennessee - Wholesale Supplies Plus offers free shipping and even with shipping Bulk Apothecary were both extremely fast to Indiana. Both are based in Ohio. Hope this helps

YES to Soaper's Choice!! If you live in east coast, you should definitely check out Soaper's Choice. I love their prices, varieties of oils and fast shipping. I also love their vitamin E's price!

I agree with Soapers Choice. Also check with some restaurant supply companies locally. I have one who also carries Castor, Coconut, Shea and few others so buy some of them locally. However, you may have to buy it in larger amounts. I can only get coconut oil in 50 lb drums. I can get Castor by the gallon. The rest I purchase from Soapers Choice except my Olive oil I get from Costco.

Another for Soaper's Choice.

Also, I have recently been seeing Sunflower oil at Big Lots for about $4 a quart.

If you are just starting out and want enough for a small batch, you can get coconut, lard, olive and castor oil at Wal-Mart.

Back