When to add puree?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfarms

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a carrot and calendula soap and am wondering if I can add the carrot puree to part of the soap after trace? I am wanting to swirl yellow into the orange and that might be difficult to accomplish if I add the carrot puree in the beginning. I've added tomato paste after trace without any problems, but the puree has more water content so it has me wondering.

I did some searches and apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere. Appreciate the help!

Marlene

I add it as a water replacement but that wouldn't swirl.

Take out your cup or two for swirl and add it (them) to that. Should work fine - just don't use too much or it will take a while to set up. I'm not sure if the soap will be the same if one part of it has more water content than another part of the same soap. Know what I mean?

But yes - add it at trace with your swirling soap.
~hth

Thank you! I was concerned about the water content of the puree and wondered if I should discount a tiny bit of water at the beginning to make up for it or if I'm just worrying entirely too much over this:) A very real possibility with me :wink:

Latest posts

Back