What's in your shower now?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
We bought a corner shelf so now I can have lots of soap in the shower at once! Heaven.

But what had me taking an extra-long shower this morning was the first test am of my new seaweed swirl salt bar. I completely and utterly in love.

What's in your shower right now that you love to use?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396538584.009616.jpg

I have two salt bars, one with spirulina scented with lime coconut and the other scented with chocolate amber. 2 shampoo bars, one unscented and one with neem scented with huckleberry. A extra gentle bar scented with moonlit path, a basic bar scented with burgundy rose and a rebatch bastile that smells kinda like play-doh.
Then there is the bar my hubby uses, this changes a lot as he could care less what he washes with. I usually give him the uglies, this time around its one that morphed into a zombie corpse pink and smells like plastic baby powder mixed with Dr. Pepper.

Ummm...way too many. 3 Salt Bars (lime basil mandarin, eucalyptus mint, lemon cream). 2 facial bars, 3 soaps and 2 shaving soaps. That doesn't include the 3 my husband currently has in there. Yes, I'm a soapmaker who can't decide what mood I might be in.

I love that I can share this here and not look crazy.
1) Old Bay bar with elk tallow from an exotic animal oil swap years and YEARS ago
2) Sandalwood bar with red-sandalwood powder swirl
3) salt bar
4) Store bought sulfur bar
5) Store bought Dove bar (I was desperate to see if it would clear up my acne. It didn't. But the salt bar did!)

Oh, I forgot about the shaving soap but technically its not in the shower. I keep the mug on the back of the toilet so it won't get wet.

Since I'm a newbie I have a ton as I'm working out which recipe works best - I have a lard/olive patchouli, a lard/canola clove, an all veggie lavender rosemary and a luxurious veggie/butters pink grapefruit - I'm partial to the pink grapefruit and hubby prefers the patchouli. Also have a shampoo bar, an unscented castille and a bastile soap made with breast milk (for the kiddos).

Hey pics please! I have five in my shower. Lavender bar from the first batch a plain white salt bar a blue half salt bar (failed ombré) and a shampoo bar as well as the seaweed swirl. But my new bar is the one I am most excited about.

Hallelujah ! There are more of you out there ! You have made me so happy :*D

Shower bars: all goat milk: Cinnamon, egg rose lanolin, honey oat goat, cinnamon poppy year old
Sink bars: again goat milk: cinnamon test recipe, lavender rosemary mint and a failed attempt at shaving soap.

Since I'm a newbie I have a ton as I'm working out which recipe works best - I have a lard/olive patchouli, a lard/canola clove, an all veggie lavender rosemary and a luxurious veggie/butters pink grapefruit - I'm partial to the pink grapefruit and hubby prefers the patchouli. Also have a shampoo bar, an unscented castille and a bastile soap made with breast milk (for the kiddos).
Hope I did this right, here is a pic. Not very pretty as I have not played with colors yet...

1396547031728.jpg

I have so many bars I'm testing out that I had to buy oversize soap dishes. So now I have two soap dishes at every sink and shower full!

1. Neem soap for dogs.
2. Neem soap for humans.
3. Tea tree salt bar
4. Lavender tallow bar
5. Ylang ylang clay bar (husband's)
6. Litsea, clove, cedar clay bar (husband's)
7. Soap with FO I think smells like plastic so is just languishing with no soap love.

Husband says we may have reached critical soap mass in the shower. *scoff*

In my shower I have a bunch of storebought gunk that needs to be thrown away (some of it is years old, I'm that bad!)

I also have a storebought Sprouts-brand "olive oil" soap, my shampoo bar, my oatmeal breakfast bar (has a bunch of lightly ground oatmeal, tea, water, honey, unscented but the natural shea smell is coming through), and my 100% coconut sweet orange and tea tree bar. Was hoping it would help with acne, but it seems like it irritates my arms. I use it off and on for my face, though. Maybe it'll irritate less once my skin isn't so dry from winter.

You wash your dog in the shower?

1. Neem soap for dogs.
2. Neem soap for humans.
3. Tea tree salt bar
4. Lavender tallow bar
5. Ylang ylang clay bar (husband's)
6. Litsea, clove, cedar clay bar (husband's)
7. Soap with FO I think smells like plastic so is just languishing with no soap love.

Husband says we may have reached critical soap mass in the shower. *scoff*

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396567545.166725.jpg

The hubby and I use separate showers so these are all mine!

In no particular order:

Kiwi-Strawberry
Fresh Rain
Dark Pomegranate
Ocean Breeze
Mint and Tea Tree
Japanese Cherry Blossom
an unnamed rebatch
Sultry
One had a mix of Dragons Blood FO and Bay Rum FO

It might be a shower-tub combo. I can see using a tub with a detachable shower head for washing dogs. Especially in winter!

^ this.

It took me about ten minutes to figure out where else one would wash their dog. Though in order to maintain any street cred I may or may not have, I will say MY dogs are labs who get washed once a year - if that. Husband's dog is a fiery little terrier with lots of skin problems who gets bathed more often. Usually against her will.

Hijack over.

Ginger lime salt bar
Lard and palm kernel coconut oil substitute bar scented with some left over holiday fragrance
Unscented shaving soap
Coffee and oatmeal foot scrub soap
And my fugly rebatch honey rose lard bar. Loving how the lard feels! Thanks Obsidian for being such a good advocate of lard and making me want to make soap with it.

My sisters are using a butt-ton of different soaps I put in the cabinet but I haven't smelled which ones they are using. I know for sure one bar is always Castile because one of my sisters is allergic to everything else I have tried to make for her.

Back