What's going on with my soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagmar88

Reaction score
Hi,
Yesterday I made a saltbar; never did that before but thought hey, its just a good recipe & following the instructions. Everything went well untill the moment it should reach it's vaseline like state... didn't happen.
So I decided to just do an ITP swirl and pour it in my new mold. Then all of the sudden, one half was already in the mold without a problem, the other half turned rock hard in seconds. Did my best to spoon & press it into the mold, but that didn't really work. After an hour I went back to cut it; the half that was still pourable was looking fab, right texture & color, the other half was nothing but crumbles.
Today I made another batch with my regular recipe (cp); everything went well, untill I was making my swirly, all of the sudden it started to seperate :cry: one half became thick and one watery; stirring helped for a few seconds, but not really.
Haven't looked in the mold yet; but it would be no surprise if this was going to be the second batch I'm going to have to throw away in 2 days :evil:
I did in both recipes use a brand of coconut oil that I never used before and has a different, more fluffy texture that I'm used to. Could this be the problem?

That's odd.....did you use a different fragrance oil in one half of it?

Back