whats cooking this weekend?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made lavender(cp) with an attempt at black swirls, turned out gray. Then i made hp 1/2 "drakkar, other 1/2 batch "butt naked" which i call bare naked! the drakkar i made green, bare naked added white tit., so we'll see.

Well, today has not been very successful for me! Made some salt bars with coarse salt for the first time (usually do them with fine salt) and they were a bust - separated and just looked ugly. I threw them in the garbage. :p

Then I made a batch of CP with a new "non-discolouring" vanilla FO that turned my soap BRIGHT GREEN. Sure, it doesn't discolour brown, but it turns freaking GREEN!! Even worse! Argh!

So, I am feeling pretty defeated and giving up for the weekend I think. :p I may do an unscented/uncoloured soap tomorrow... that should be safe! ;)

ashley, im sorry but thats funny, green soap??? vanilla, what is up with that?

AshleyR said:
Well, today has not been very successful for me! Made some salt bars with coarse salt for the first time (usually do them with fine salt) and they were a bust - separated and just looked ugly. I threw them in the garbage. :p

Then I made a batch of CP with a new "non-discolouring" vanilla FO that turned my soap BRIGHT GREEN. Sure, it doesn't discolour brown, but it turns freaking GREEN!! Even worse! Argh!

So, I am feeling pretty defeated and giving up for the weekend I think. :p I may do an unscented/uncoloured soap tomorrow... that should be safe! ;)

LOL!! GREEN?? I just bought the vanilla stabilizer from BCN. If it works okay, I'll let ya know. Sorry about your salt bars. :(

AshleyR said:

Ashley ,I am sorry your soap didn't turn out ,I hate it when that happens.
Green ? can you keep us posted , if it changes ,that is very strange.

Kitn

My mam and grandma came round yesterday and we made coffee soap with a funnel swirl. They had never seen me make soap before. I'll post pics when It's cut later today.

honor435 said:
I made lavender(cp) with an attempt at black swirls, turned out gray. Then i made hp 1/2 "drakkar, other 1/2 batch "butt naked" which i call bare naked! the drakkar i made green, bare naked added white tit., so we'll see.

I'm sitting here giggling my head off your making bare naked soap that your adding white tit too - LOL

Sorry its a real teenage boy thing to notice only problem is I'm a 33 year old female with 2 kids.

I realise white tit is white titanium but its still funny.

How on earth did a non discolouring vanilla turn your soap bright green - that sucks.

Made more Fresh Linen w/ crushed lemongrass soap Friday night, came out great, one of my favorite soaps.

Yesterday made another Kentish Rain with a green top layer. Requires a rebatch (see this post: http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10053).

Will also be taking some lavender castile w/ shea butter soap over to my Mom's for Mother's Day. I gave her some soap about a month ago for her to try out.... the skin on her arms is so sensitive, she hasn't been able to use any kind of soap on them for years -- even cetaphil -- without it burning and stinging. She has always just washed them with water. Yesterday she told me that the soap I gave her doesn't irritate her arms at all and she's been using it everyday. It felt pretty awesome to hear that.

Happy Mothers Day!!

I made a coffee soap using SS Cuban Coffee Bean, coffee bean butter and fine ground coffee from my nephew's coffee shop. It smells ok but I think next time I am going to add a sweet smell to it like vanilla or a touch of cinnamon, just to cut the harsh smell a little.

Any suggestions?

Pauline

AshleyR said:

Sorry that you had a bad soapmaking day :(
Could you place a pic of the green soap please?

Perhaps it might morph back again?

Thanks and better luck next time :)

Danielito said:
Will also be taking some lavender castile w/ shea butter soap over to my Mom's for Mother's Day. I gave her some soap about a month ago for her to try out.... the skin on her arms is so sensitive, she hasn't been able to use any kind of soap on them for years -- even cetaphil -- without it burning and stinging. She has always just washed them with water. Yesterday she told me that the soap I gave her doesn't irritate her arms at all and she's been using it everyday. It felt pretty awesome to hear that.

Daniel,

Wow, that is the ULTIMATE compliment, I bet you were grinning from ear to ear!!! That is awesome, you should be so proud of yourself. That is something we all strive to hear!

Sibi

Latest posts

Back