whats anyone making today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
Iam using the last of my coconut and palm!(order coming soon), and making sandalwood and some ylang ylang/ginger. Iam doing hp, since someone wants sandalwood asap.
Curing right now: fuzzy navel, coc/lime/ and cin. sticks, ohhh Iam so impatient.
Im going to post some pics this week, i hope.

I made orange-mango this weekend and it smells great. I hope the scent doesn't fade. I am a little disappointed in the swirl but the top looks lovely! I haven't decided on my next batch as I have dr. appts. this week. Yuck!

SoapMom said:
I made orange-mango this weekend and it smells great. I hope the scent doesn't fade. I am a little disappointed in the swirl but the top looks lovely! I haven't decided on my next batch as I have dr. appts. this week. Yuck!

mm that sounds good, my fuzzy navel smell faded. Did you cp? what kind of mold? I love my wood log mold, hate lining it, going to get some contact paper today.

jcandleattic said:
I work 2 ft jobs so I only soap/play on the weekends, so no fun for me today. Just work. :)
how do you do it? working so much.
I have 3 pt jobs, one with benefits, luckily!

they are both easy jobs that pay well, so that's why I do it. Also they are both long hour jobs so even though they are ft I only work each for 2.5 days - one m-t-w and the second w-t-f. it works out for us, that way I'm still getting the benifits (meaning money) of both jobs, but not sacraficing a lot of time away from my family... :) Best of both worlds.

I did cp! And I have a log mold. I tried to swirl it in the pot which didn't work out so well but the soap is still lovely. I just hope the scent doesn't fade but I think it probably will.

i'm making a mango something but I don't know about today. That's my next one though!

I have some CP tomato and basil in the mold right now. I keep peeking. I'm a big peeker....

This morning I made something I'm calling Sunshine Daydream which is Sweet Orange and Patchouli, and I made what I call Man Soap which this time is Bay, Lime, Patchouli, Ginger, and Clove.

I wanted to try to texture the top, but I had to go to work and by the time I got home it was too late. Unfortunately I tried to anyway (with a rubber spatula) and now the top looks like it's injured!

SoapMom said:
I did cp! And I have a log mold. I tried to swirl it in the pot which didn't work out so well but the soap is still lovely. I just hope the scent doesn't fade but I think it probably will.

I also tried swirl in my log mold, i put some color on bottom and zigzagged it, then poured some soap on top, it just jas blobs of color on bottom, some swirls on top! whats the trick?

Back