What to do with coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candice19

Reaction score
When I first started, I'm not sure why, but I purchased 7 lbs of coconut oil. As a MPer, I now have no idea what to do with it.

Any suggestions? Maybe other bath and body products (but I'm not sure what)?

If nothing, it's off to the Member's Ad section...

me too..i bought some thinking i would add it for lather and found out that is only for cp soap. i am looking into making some body butters and found it in a few recipes. also, i think i saw it in a lotion bar recipe.

body butter

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa butter
few drops eo
melt in double boiler and whip with hand blender

haven't tried it yet b/c i am waiting on my pink sugar oil. :0)
lara

actually, the best MPer I know puts half an ounce per pound of soap in her MP and swears it increases the lather. she is truly an amazing MP soaper. I cannot begin to explain how or why it would work, but I have used her soaps. So give it a try. maybe.

I also use the stuff in hair conditioner and in my solid lotion.
lara - that seems like a LOT in that body butter recipe - but then again I usually use a softer butter so that might explain it. If it doens't come out the way you like it, though, you can always re-melt and adjust!

And (shhhh) I use it to pop popcorn and cook other stuff with. OMG it's fabulous.

Cool tip on popcorn carebear ..One of my favorite treats. I have used it for cooking and like it a lot for that . :D

Kitn

It's amazing, I've never thought about COOKING with the oil LOL I've never thought it would be tasty since there isn't much of a smell?

I've tried adding the oil to MP soaps, too, but I don't see any change.

I'll look into recipes, but I just don't think I'm ready to research any of the products other than soap right now. We shall see!

Back