What supplier?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
serious 1 tsp per lb? never heard of using that little, i use 1 ounce per pb, maybe that was a typo?

I have cut back on the number of suppliers I use too, it's helps turn a profit. I order most of my fos from WSP and Daystar.

Yes! it did fade. I've taken your advice and have started to add 1 oz. per lb. At first it seems like too much but it settles after a few days. Thanks

you're right. by the way, have you heard of adding orris root powder to soap to help hold the scent?

no, but if you use enough and good fo it should hold, I have soap that I made a yr ago and still has smell. who do you buy from? some fos just dont hold the scent, I used wsp brown sugar- gone! cool water(ng) poof.
peakcandle.com has some nice strong scents, you can get 10- 1 ouncers for 20$ and you can chose doubles or triples of the same scent,which I like, cause it takes 2oz for my batches.
Kim

I have recently ordered from New Directions and Voyageur with good results.

cool, what kind of ingredients do you like? I use mostly po, co, oo, castor and shea or cocoa butter, I just got some almond butter, cant wait to see what that is like.

I like po, co, oo, and sunflower o. I haven't tried shea or cocoa yet. I'd also like to try that easy 'crisco' recipe! I was worried about using the po because of deforestation etc. but I still have about 20 lbs of it left so I'll use it up and see.

I heard that soybeal(crisco) is prone to rot, so dont use a lot, and oilsbynature says they use envirn. safe palm, really, you cant save the earth by not using the small amt that you use, po is in everything, almost all boxed foods, cookies, crackers has it. have fun. Nice chatting w ya.
Kim
youll love shea or cocoa, you only need to use 10% to add nice qualities to your soap.

Back