What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More trimming and stamping this morning. I was planning to do photos but it is very dark today... maybe I can in a few hours. I also reaaaallllly want to make salt bars later!
I made salt bars lol. I'm so glad I searched here before I did it because I was totally going to use Pink Himalayan, but I learned better! My trusty bottle of Costco sea salt came to the rescue.

From Love Your Suds. Can’t wait to use them next month.

Attachments

• IMG_2706.jpeg
    IMG_2706.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Well - would you believe I did a search and found a supplier here! Someone I've never heard of - they don't do soap making supplies, but more bath bomb stuff. Now, to justify spending millions on micas....
I was just curious if it was the company who didn't do international shipping or if there were some kind of crazy restrictions for shipping that into KiwiMoose Country 😁

Wow, Kiwi, I went back and looked at the others, Jan 8, 10, and today the 18th. It is amazing how fast that happened. When it fully discolors do you just see outlines of the swirls? You realize you will have to be updating me on this until it's you've used/sold the last bar! ETA: it still looks really cool and inspiring me to proceed with my own plans for a high vanilla batch. What is the vanilla % in that one, do you remember?

Wow, Kiwi, I went back and looked at the others, Jan 8, 10, and today the 18th. It is amazing how fast that happened. When it fully discolor do you just see outlines of the swirls? You realize you will have to be updating me on this until it's you've used/sold the last bar!
The white is not supposed to discolour as it's unscented, but I have never used such a vanillin-filled fragrance before ( not being a vanilla lover) and I hear that it can bleed into the white. So watch this space I guess.

I finished off my "Secret garden soap" last night. Not really sure how to package them lol. I learned the hard way with my previous batch that to add the embeds before cutting was a catastrophe since none of the flowers survived. I added Lily of the Valley fragrance from New Directions Aromatics. I know my mum with love them since that is her favourite flower and that fragrance is true to the flower.

Edit: I think I had garden on my mind, but it was Lily of the Valley fragrance and not of the garden.

Attachments

• secret garden soap.jpg
    secret garden soap.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I finished off my "Secret garden soap" last night. Not really sure how to package them lol. I learned the hard way with my previous batch that to add the embeds before cutting was a catastrophe since none of the flowers survived. I added Lily of the Garden fragrance from New Directions Aromatics. I know my mum with love them since that is her favourite flower and that fragrance is true to the flower.
These are stunning!!

I finished off my "Secret garden soap" last night. Not really sure how to package them lol. I learned the hard way with my previous batch that to add the embeds before cutting was a catastrophe since none of the flowers survived. I added Lily of the Garden fragrance from New Directions Aromatics. I know my mum with love them since that is her favourite flower and that fragrance is true to the flower.
Those are beautifu!

I made soap today! My former boss likes my Spring Clean (rosemary & lemongrass essential oils) and called me this week -- "Zing, I need me some Spring Clean, I know I gotta wait 6 weeks, I'll take as much as you can make!"

I will have to try that blend! 😁

And for the first time, I tried @QuasiQuadrant 's technique of mixing up essential oils in castor oil and clay beforehand.

Let me know how it goes. I found out elsewhere that adding salt also helps with scent retention. My mouth dropped open, because as soon as I began adding salt, many things changed. Better natural color retention, my soap stayed much more opaque over the long-term, natural colorants became more vibrant & so on. I did *not* equate the salt with any scent retention at the time, however. You might want to give it a try :)

Everything is warm and toasty under the towel pile. Which I know because I have to, you know, fondle, check every so often just to make sure everything is okay.

I knew it, @Zing ! You're a soap perv! LOL 😂

Latest posts

Back