What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a video, I cannot remember the title, but they mixed gold mica in isopropyl alcohol and sprayed it on their soap batter. I wondered if it rubbed off when used. Has anyone here tried that?

It's been AGES since I've posted, but I'm still a faithful reader of the forum. :) I tried a new swirl - based on Holly's Chopstick Swirl - and I'm in love!

View attachment 74533

I used Fragrance Buddy's White Tea & Ginger (recommended on the forum), and I really love it! I think the results of this swirl far outweigh the effort - my kind of swirl!
I gave the chopstick swirl two more tries. I'm also trying out new FOs I got when I was in the USA this summer. The first one is Life Lessons by Frangrance Buddy, and the second one is Persephone, a new fragrance by Micas & More.
177th batch - Life Lessons (Karma) soy wax & cocoa butter.jpg

Persephone.jpg

I like the green one best (in my original chopstick swirl post above). I think I needed to use the thicker end of the chopstick on the berry and white batch. I needed more dragging of the layers into each other.

Last edited:
Well last night I made a pop bottle pour that seized up so bad I had to grab pieces of the colours and shove them in the mold. The fragrances did not say anything about seizing but holy moley. I would have added my video but there were too many choice words that I couldn't bleep them all out.

Times like this make me second guess my soaping and I want to throw in the towel. But I will persist because I am just....that....stubborn. Plus I packed away all my fabrics so I can't even start a quilt LOL
I soap and sew, therefore I curse. 😂🤬🤣

practically the Canadians of America :)
Actually, more like the Swedish capital of N. America due to the number of immigrants that settled there - "Over a quarter of a million Swedes came to Minnesota between 1850 and 1930." When Garrison Keilor did Tales from Lake Wobegon, MN (radio show), he would often mention a Swedish couple (whose name escapes me) and their hilarious trials and tribulations.

When we lived there in 1967-68, my daughter was born in Edina (a suburb of Minneapolis) and you didn't have to go far to find a Swedish smörgåsbord (“buffet with many small dishes”). Fond memories...☺️

Actually, @Zany_in_CO, as a Norwegian Minnesotan I have to say that there are more people of Norwegian decent than Swedish decent in MN. I live just a few miles north of Anoka, home of Garrison Keillor. His grandparents lived about 1/2 mile away from me, although I never met them. My grandfather taught high school chemistry in Anoka, and if GK took that class, my grandfather taught him. I think I remember he did, but I can't be sure. The Scandinavian couple you are thinking about in his jokes/stories was probably Ole and Lena, and Sven was often featured as well.

Ole and Lena,
Yes! That's them! Oh wow, I never expected anyone to know who I was talking about, let alone, someone who actually knew the family. That is so awesome.

I suspect you know more about the Swedes vs. Norwegians than I do since I spent so little time there. I did know the Norwegians settled there too, though.

Small world...

Glad you are back in the saddle! How are you doing?
I'm doing well, but still getting frustrated with the things I can't do. I can walk up stairs pretty well, but am still going down like a toddler. I am able to go out and walk *almost* 1/4 mile, and am trying to increase the distance a small bit each time. You would think soap making would have taught me more patience, but evidently not🤪 Thanks for asking!

I'm doing well, but still getting frustrated with the things I can't do. I can walk up stairs pretty well, but am still going down like a toddler. I am able to go out and walk *almost* 1/4 mile, and am trying to increase the distance a small bit each time. You would think soap making would have taught me more patience, but evidently not🤪 Thanks for asking!
It’s tough!!! Accidents with injuries just stink and we always want to be back to normal immediately. Hang in there.
I take an on line exercise class and she encourages “1% better every day”. For me that means more like 1% most days. It’s not a linear process. Glad you are doing better.

I finally had time to clean up my soaps and take photos. I don't usually name my soaps, but I'm calling this one Resilience. The colors were inspired by a painting that hangs in the waiting room of my orthopedic clinic. The fragrance is Leaves from Fragrance Buddy. I missed on the blue a bit, but I'm pretty happy with it. I can't decide if I like the top or the bottom better.
10.2023 Leaves Top.jpg
10.2023 Leaves bottom.jpg
PXL_20230726_180851069.jpg

Latest posts

Back