What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! It has been AGES since I’ve been in the forum.

Soapy steps today - ordering some products so I logged in to find reviews for Oregon Trails since I need to buy some Bonsai. Looking for other must haves.

Glad to be back! 🤗
Mysore Sandalwood is in my cart.

Last edited:
Today I showered with @KiwiMoose

's soap and shampoo bar! After several weeks, our trade is complete thanks to a local friend who toured New Zealand. Can't wait to try the lotion bar. And People! Her rocks have to be seen to be believed! Despite her professional photography skills, the photos don't capture the intricacy of the design and the colors. I will treasure my rock. My other hobby
And no surprise, my friend found our Kiwi soaper to be a charming and generous hostess.
No doubt she as a charming and generous hostess. I wish I could visit @KiwiMoose!

Haha, cleaned out my master batch lye (detergent) container, prepared and left a fresh batch of master batch lye out to cool down. Made dinner, had dinner, then went to put the cooled lye in the container and my husband (who does the dishes) had tossed it and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Oh well, we will now have clean kitchen drains :)
Yikes-kers! I used a sharpie and have a skull and crossbones on my lye solution containers. I didn't masterbatch til our youngest was out of the house. He was all legs, bull in a china shop, super smart but also clueless sometimes.

Well, @scmorgans I, too, made goats milk soap. First time ever. I have only ever made vegan soap ( but I am not vegan myself) so i have never attempted using goats milk before. I made a batch using my standard recipe ( which i usually adjust with different additives such as aloe juice, rice water, coconut milk or oat milk). I want to see whether goats milk really is superior, or if it's just label appeal. We shall see....
Oh - and they are PLAIN - no tulips or cheesecake or nuthin'.
Looking forward to hearing the results!

I ordered some more activated charcoal today because I'm thinking of doing another experiment soon. Charcoal, both wood derived and coconut derived in my new lard recipe to see if I get ash like so many seem to. My current AC is coconut derived, but what I just ordered from nurture is wood derived if I read correctly.

I ordered some more activated charcoal today because I'm thinking of doing another experiment soon. Charcoal, both wood derived and coconut derived in my new lard recipe to see if I get ash like so many seem to. My current AC is coconut derived, but what I just ordered from nurture is wood derived if I read correctly.
I never thought to see if there was a difference in ash, or in color for that matter. Please keep us posted!

I made soap last night - more skulls and gnomes lol. However I did a slab mold pop bottle pour on Tuesday night. I changed my recipe from my usual slow moving (extra ability to swirl), because I didn't have the main oil and I was too lazy to go to the store to buy more. The new recipe sped up trace really quick, even without the fragrance added yet. But I just kept going and it became more liquid as I went (weird). I think it was the temp - I did a bit higher temp than normal. Almost threw in the towel because after everything was poured, I dropped a pour cup and spatula right on top. Anyways, here are the pics of the cut.

Attachments

• 2nd cut pop bottle pour - April 19, 2023.jpg
    2nd cut pop bottle pour - April 19, 2023.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1st cut pop bottle pour - April 19, 023.jpg
    1st cut pop bottle pour - April 19, 023.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pop bottle pour - April 19, 2023.jpg
    pop bottle pour - April 19, 2023.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
I made soap last night - more skulls and gnomes lol. However I did a slab mold pop bottle pour on Tuesday night. I changed my recipe from my usual slow moving (extra ability to swirl), because I didn't have the main oil and I was too lazy to go to the store to buy more. The new recipe sped up trace really quick, even without the fragrance added yet. But I just kept going and it became more liquid as I went (weird). I think it was the temp - I did a bit higher temp than normal. Almost threw in the towel because after everything was poured, I dropped a pour cup and spatula right on top. Anyways, here are the pics of the cut.
Stun. Ning!

Pretty! I love the colors.

I made a double batch of rose soap today and made a (tik tok) video of it to post on my social media. Result: nine minutes of the kitchen ceiling doing what a kitchen ceiling does best - nothing! Turns out it was using the front camera on my phone! Grrrrrr!
Anyhoo, cutting tomorrow morning and I'd like you all to pray to the soap gods for me that I haven't made a meat soap (red, peach pink and white colours ITP swirl)

I made a double batch of rose soap today and made a (tik tok) video of it to post on my social media. Result: nine minutes of the kitchen ceiling doing what a kitchen ceiling does best - nothing! Turns out it was using the front camera on my phone! Grrrrrr!
Anyhoo, cutting tomorrow morning and I'd like you all to pray to the soap gods for me that I haven't made a meat soap (red, peach pink and white colours ITP swirl)
DOH!

Back