What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t made any soap in a while, so today I made a double batch of rosemary mint soap. I went to measure the essential oils and I didn’t have enough rosemary, so I improvised and added some vetiver, cedarwood and fir needle. It smelled good in the mold, hopefully it will be a good combo!

Aahh yes - you're in the 'Everything I see is a possible soap mold' stage of your journey. We've all been there 😂🤣😂🤣
GG_Snack_Mix_300gr_ml.jpg

😳🤫

mango butter
Finally the end of The Empty Cupboard campaign? Were you allowed to restock mango butter?

Charcoal bars are orange 10x. If you see the post it above the soaps, it says I added 16 tsp of AC to the batch, I only added 8 LOL. It was 16 1/2 tsp, cause thats what I grabbed out of my drawer and I already got it dirty by sticking it in the AC, so I had to painfully scoop out 16x instead of 8. so I gotta make a new post it LOL. I am the post it queen.
Are those soaps, or holes in my monitor?

I say almost because i know it won's be very bubbly with just the shea, so I added 5% castor oil, plus sugar in the water as usual.

Looking at the soap calc, it seems nice except the bubbles. Hopefully the sugar boosts that.

You probably all know my results lol. But I never go out of the box, so I did a thing lol.
It might be just alright. Don't expect a lather explosion, but you might be pleasantly surprised. Such “wrong” recipes that ignore the usual rules aren't automatically bad. Castor and sugar for sure will help. Low superfat too (looking at you, unsaponifiables!). It's like with Castile – it might not catch your eyes with bright mountains of lather, but when it makes your skin happy, then you have done everything right! 😃

I haven’t made any soap in a while, so today I made a double batch of rosemary mint soap. I went to measure the essential oils and I didn’t have enough rosemary, so I improvised and added some vetiver, cedarwood and fir needle. It smelled good in the mold, hopefully it will be a good combo!
Can't help myself – as fine as the rosemary+mint sounds, that “emergency combo” sounds at least as exciting!

And one last thing to conclude my speed-run through the last two weeks: @Peachy Clean Soap Luv your new avatar design! 💃🍑💫 Still, in my head you will always be that classy 1890s lady with the extravagant hat. ;)

Finally the end of The Empty Cupboard campaign? Were you allowed to restock mango butter?

:dance:Yay!, Welcome back!! :secret:Shh, I re-classified mango butter as a staple and restocked it. I'm bad at imagining volumes and ordered 10 pounds! When it arrived, Mrs. Zing fell out of her chair. But I am nearing the end of operation empty cupboard.

@ zing...I do the same thing. I can't "see" in my head how much of a product I need, particularly butters. So now I have a box full of shea LOL. Whittling away at it with my shea butter soaps.

So my soapy thing today is planing and beveling soaps so I don't get behind like I normally do. The sandalwood ones that I made are turning out to be a challenge. They got serious ash on all sides and they are hard to clean up. My 5oz bars are now 4oz. I did one last week, and the ash didn't build back up like I feared, so now I'm doing the rest.

I worked overnight last night and got killed, so I'm just getting started. I'm normally in bed by 9pm ish, but I took a long nap after work so my sleep schedule is really screwed up today. I figured I would do something boring like plane soaps to kill time. The crumbly ash on these soaps is killing me though, but in the end they look good after a good polishing with a micro fiber cloth.

Just realized that I used the word kill three times in that last paragraph, guess it suits my mood after last night LOL.

I made a batch of lotion bars. Recently my neice requested some so I mailed her a couple. She is in Navy boot camp. Now everyone in her division wants them! I'll send my neice a couple dozen to share.

Mrs. Zing and I spent the week painting and sprucing up our basement, home of my soap shop. Now it's much brighter and cleaner. It was a chore and a half hauling out the previous owner's 90 year old collection of cee-rap. Now the space feels like "ours" finally after moving in 2 years ago.

I made a batch of lotion bars. Recently my neice requested some so I mailed her a couple. She is in Navy boot camp. Now everyone in her division wants them! I'll send my neice a couple dozen to share.

Mrs. Zing and I spent the week painting and sprucing up our basement, home of my soap shop. Now it's much brighter and cleaner. It was a chore and a half hauling out the previous owner's 90 year old collection of cee-rap. Now the space feels like "ours" finally after moving in 2 years ago.
That’s so great @Zing! Congratulations on the new look of your basement! I know all the military folk will appreciate your lotion bars. I sent my grandson my soap when he was in the army and he shared it with everyone including his Sargent. When he was deployed to Poland and Kuwait and Iran I mailed it there for him and his buds. He got out of active duty in December and now he’s sharing with the National Guard. You have started something exciting!! You never know where your lotion bars will go!!

That’s so great @Zing! Congratulations on the new look of your basement! I know all the military folk will appreciate your lotion bars. I sent my grandson my soap when he was in the army and he shared it with everyone including his Sargent. When he was deployed to Poland and Kuwait and Iran I mailed it there for him and his buds. He got out of active duty in December and now he’s sharing with the National Guard. You have started something exciting!! You never know where your lotion bars will go!!
Thanks for sharing this great story!

Back