What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my charcoal bars today. So I figured I could show some pics of all the soaps I made these last two weeks.

My premium ts mold from Nurture Soap is the bestest thing ever. I love it. I think this is going to be my new standard size soap. New thing is the addition of citric acid to my recipe, and also cutting to 1.25" instead of 1" like I used to.

So from left to right... the first one that looks like baby food. It was supposed to be an itp swirl, but I forgot the fragrance then added it at the last minute so it got all mottled and yucky looking. Too bad, cause it smells really good. The second one from the left is Willow and Ivy from BB. I'm in love with that smell.

The next four rows of brown. I'm really upset about those. I guess its the fragrance. I added a little more than usual to the first one. Then LESS than usual to my second. They almost look the same as far as the weird velvet look. I cleaned one up and it seemed to clean up ok. They are Sandalwood EO/FO from wsp.

Then my charcoal bars that I cut today on the far right. I was worried that the CA had something to do with the texture of my sandalwood bars since I only just started using CA, but my first and last bars had good results, so I really think it was the fragrance. Anywhoo. Charcoal bars are orange 10x. If you see the post it above the soaps, it says I added 16 tsp of AC to the batch, I only added 8 LOL. It was 16 1/2 tsp, cause thats what I grabbed out of my drawer and I already got it dirty by sticking it in the AC, so I had to painfully scoop out 16x instead of 8. so I gotta make a new post it LOL. I am the post it queen.

\
ts soaps feb 2022.jpg

I cut my charcoal bars today. So I figured I could show some pics of all the soaps I made these last two weeks.

My premium ts mold from Nurture Soap is the bestest thing ever. I love it. I think this is going to be my new standard size soap. New thing is the addition of citric acid to my recipe, and also cutting to 1.25" instead of 1" like I used to.

So from left to right... the first one that looks like baby food. It was supposed to be an itp swirl, but I forgot the fragrance then added it at the last minute so it got all mottled and yucky looking. Too bad, cause it smells really good. The second one from the left is Willow and Ivy from BB. I'm in love with that smell.

The next four rows of brown. I'm really upset about those. I guess its the fragrance. I added a little more than usual to the first one. Then LESS than usual to my second. They almost look the same as far as the weird velvet look. I cleaned one up and it seemed to clean up ok. They are Sandalwood EO/FO from wsp.

Then my charcoal bars that I cut today on the far right. I was worried that the CA had something to do with the texture of my sandalwood bars since I only just started using CA, but my first and last bars had good results, so I really think it was the fragrance. Anywhoo. Charcoal bars are orange 10x. If you see the post it above the soaps, it says I added 16 tsp of AC to the batch, I only added 8 LOL. It was 16 1/2 tsp, cause thats what I grabbed out of my drawer and I already got it dirty by sticking it in the AC, so I had to painfully scoop out 16x instead of 8. so I gotta make a new post it LOL. I am the post it queen.

\View attachment 64843
What's to be upset about?! Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?! Those layer soaps are Stun. Ning! Great job on all of them.

@Catcankim those are beautiful soaps’ I’m loving your T&S size soap 🧼 what size are they or does BB only carry one size? Also the black in your charcoal colored soap is so black’ that’s not easy’ stunning soaps 🧼. Glad I’m not the only one w/ sticky notes on the closets wall, a sign of pure genius. 🧼💫🤗.

You are too kind Mr. Zing. But you know the feeling of knowing something is wrong. Those sandalwood ones are weird. I think they will be fine after I clean them up. I did one and it looks ok.

Anyway, thank you! You are the best cheerleader ever LOL

@Catcankim those are beautiful soaps’ I’m loving your T&S size soap 🧼 what size are they or does BB only carry one size? Also the black in your charcoal colored soap is so black’ that’s not easy’ stunning soaps 🧼. Glad I’m not the only one w/ sticky notes on the closets wall, a sign of pure genius. 🧼💫🤗.
They are made in a Nurture Soap TS Premium Mold. I purchase their non-premium silicone mole last year and I hate it because it bows terribly and the soap is hard to get out. Prior to that I was using a regular standard 8 bar mold. The ts mold is 1000g oils. My recipe fits perfect.

I went heavy on the charcoal for those soaps. I know they are going to have black lather. I am experimenting because I had so many ppl asking for charcoal soaps at the market last week.

They are made in a Nurture Soap TS Premium Mold. I purchase their non-premium silicone mole last year and I hate it because it bows terribly and the soap is hard to get out. Prior to that I was using a regular standard 8 bar mold. The ts mold is 1000g oils. My recipe fits perfect.

I went heavy on the charcoal for those soaps. I know they are going to have black lather. I am experimenting because I had so many ppl asking for charcoal soaps at the market last week.
Thank you’ your soaps are beautiful. 🤗🧼

TS Premium Mold Nurture Soap

They are out of stock. I want to buy another one lol.

Cut my customer favorite that I’ve been out of for way too long! Made the right calculations so that they fit the cardboard boxes that we want to use. This is my collab soap I make with DH. He triple wet renders all the bacon grease until it’s clean and pretty, and I make the soap. Liquid is dark beer, %80 bacon fat, bottom layer has cocoa powder, top layer has coffee. It’s the Grandude Bar! That’s what our gbabies call him. 😆
What does it smell like? Looks awesome

Got to go fishing AND cut new soaps! (AND procrastinate soap dishes) It was a good day. The spritz of glitter between layers ona couple did nothing. Broke my run and put colors together that blend, instead of contrast. Turned out pretty good!
I’m happy to have made soap! It really is magical stuff! We’re all a bunch a of wizards! 🧙🏼😆Soapamine rush!!
What is the name of this method? Thank you

So last week I made some coffee soap and it seized up badly once I added the fragrance oil, was forced to HP it to try and salvage it. Today I cut it and although it doesnt look pretty, seems alright. Only thing is, the scent was of an odd medicinal/herbal smell.

Undeterred, I tried again, this time I decided to add the FO to the oils in a bid to be more in control when the acceleration happens. But I'm certain this FO is a complete dud at this point for as soon as the lye went in, the oil started to seize and rice. Insanely fast, within seconds. The photo of it in the mixing bowl is from today's batch. It was a solid lump. Sigh.

So once again, I was forced to try and salvage it over the boiler, was plenty annoyed at this point, and I've a feeling that this would be worst than the last batch as it wasnt even properly blended to trace prior to the FO going in. Did not take photos as I was so done with it by then. Would prob be forced to rebatch it next week. Will be tossing this FO out in a bit, what a nightmare.

Some happier news, my strawberry shortcake turned out pretty alright. Although the colorants were a bit effy when I was trying to blend it in last week at least it kinda looks like a slice of cake and it smells rather sweet and delish.

Attachments

• IMG_20220227_150648.jpg
    IMG_20220227_150648.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220227_204814__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20220227_204814__01__01.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220227_163845__01.jpg
    IMG_20220227_163845__01.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So last week I made some coffee soap and it seized up badly once I added the fragrance oil, was forced to HP it to try and salvage it. Today I cut it and although it doesnt look pretty, seems alright. Only thing is, the scent was of an odd medicinal/herbal smell.

Undeterred, I tried again, this time I decided to add the FO to the oils in a bid to be more in control when the acceleration happens. But I'm certain this FO is a complete dud at this point for as soon as the lye went in, the oil started to seize and rice. Insanely fast, within seconds. So once again, I was forced to try and salvage it over the boiler, was plenty annoyed at this point, and I've a feeling that this would be worst than the last batch as it wasnt even properly blended to trace prior to the FO going in. Would prob be forced to rebatch it next week. Will be tossing this FO out in a bit, what a nightmare.
It looks quite nice

Nice job on the soap. The colors look perfect for spring. What color did the papaya powder make in the soap? I never heard of it before today.
Sorry took so long i Have used papaya powder extract before no other colours it turned out real nice beige color I used the recommended . 5 percent usage. no Pic though I am only hobby soaker

Just made soap was looking for spring look used moringa powder anatto powder and papaya powder with a nice black chamomile scent
Thanks update the colors have stayed the same so happy

Big soapy day today! Great to wake up to the challenge update!!

I made soap, too! It was the first time using silk so it will definitely be an impatient wait for the cure! Also it was a new design for me so I'll be on pins and needles until the cut. Despite using one color and no color, it was quite the mess, globs of batter everywhere. Smells great, tho' -- used a @Misschief blend of equal parts rosemary, lavender, peppermint essential oils.

Back