What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom Craft Tools will do custom orders, and I know they make dividers for their molds. They could probably do something for you. I will tell you though, their products are excellent but you need to be prepared to wait patiently. It's about 2 months from the time you order until you receive your item(s). Dividers
That's cool, thanks! I'll look into them. :)

I very much hope so! From my previous testing I'm expecting a brown/orange shade, but I don't think it will get anywhere close to as dark as the one from the video, hence the pre-emptive top-up.
Found out how to save your post. Found the line after Tara. I’m tech illiterate & adhd. But I love makin soap. Can’t wait to make the saddle soap in a barn wood style! Again thanks!

@MrsZ I bought these on Amazon. The end pieces are reversible, so you can divide into 3 or 4 sections.
That looks great. I'm only making 1 lb batches right now though, so it's harder to find anything for that small of a mold. I'm really tempted to just go ahead and buy a bigger mold with dividers like the one you linked though. I'm confident enough in my recipe..... But I don't know how much soap I can give away. 😂

That looks great. I'm only making 1 lb batches right now though, so it's harder to find anything for that small of a mold. I'm really tempted to just go ahead and buy a bigger mold with dividers like the one you linked though. I'm confident enough in my recipe..... But I don't know how much soap I can give away. 😂
Your soap looks great.

I have what I think is the same mold from a different supplier and at a slightly lower price.
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087YKS2CS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_11542T2JQFWFQH9KX0RF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm wishing I could find a pre made divider for my little mold. I love the Circling Taiwan swirl, but hate making my cereal box dividers.

You can make your own reusable ones. You can get sheets of Corrugated Plastic at Home Depot or Lowes and cut them with a sharp razor or knife. You’ll want to initially cut them just a tad bit bigger and then trim to where the fill fit snuggly inside you mold. I made a divider out of a couple of sheets of than tithing cutting board materials and a glue gun.

I made soap today. It’s the first time this year I have made soap. Been dealing with stress and depression and a lack of cooperation from daughter and husband about NOT piling crap on my soaping cart! Nothing worse when you’re already dealing with crap than to want to soap, but have to spend an hour cleaning first.

I only made two-10” loaves; Cantaloupe for hubby and Chocolate Espresso for my BIL. Hubby had asked if I could make his soap more ‘bubbly’, so I decided to try sugar. Now I know you are supposed to dissolve it in the water before adding the lye, but I Master Batch and being new to using sugar, added it to my FO/Kaolin Clay and stirred the heck out of it and then added it to my oils. For the Chocolate Espresso, I separate part of the batter for a ‘whip cream’ top and ran into a problem with my dispersed TD. I thought I had shaken the bottle really well…no TD on the bottom…but noticed that it seemed a bit on the light side after stirring in a couple of teaspoons. So I looked inside the bottle and I had this really thick clump of TD (I made clay dough). So I added a bit of Distilled water and used the handle of a spoon to thin out what I needed.

Going to make more soap tomorrow. I’m getting down to the bottom of my bucket and then I can MB another 40 lbs.

I made soap today. It’s the first time this year I have made soap. Been dealing with stress and depression and a lack of cooperation from daughter and husband about NOT piling crap on my soaping cart! Nothing worse when you’re already dealing with crap than to want to soap, but have to spend an hour cleaning first.

I only made two-10” loaves; Cantaloupe for hubby and Chocolate Espresso for my BIL. Hubby had asked if I could make his soap more ‘bubbly’, so I decided to try sugar. Now I know you are supposed to dissolve it in the water before adding the lye, but I Master Batch and being new to using sugar, added it to my FO/Kaolin Clay and stirred the heck out of it and then added it to my oils. For the Chocolate Espresso, I separate part of the batter for a ‘whip cream’ top and ran into a problem with my dispersed TD. I thought I had shaken the bottle really well…no TD on the bottom…but noticed that it seemed a bit on the light side after stirring in a couple of teaspoons. So I looked inside the bottle and I had this really thick clump of TD (I made clay dough). So I added a bit of Distilled water and used the handle of a spoon to thin out what I needed.

Going to make more soap tomorrow. I’m getting down to the bottom of my bucket and then I can MB another 40 lbs.
I sympathise and feel for you. Nothing worse than having to deal with adult family members who don’t clean up after themselves. I hope you heal and recover from your depression.
For me , that’s actually why I turned to soaping. It’s my ‘ME’ time when I just tune out. And dare I say, it’s now me creating a mess out until I clean up.

I made some lemon myrtle infused soap today. Very natural, only slightly fragranced with some lemon myrtle, lemongrass, lemon, mandarin, bergamot & sweet orange. Used lemon myrtle hydrosol & aloe for water. Organic fair trade coconut, shea, sunflower and olive were my lipids. HP but still in mould will cut tomorrow.

Worked on assignment about composition of skin. Finding it really interesting so glad my institution is on the Wiley research paper library - means I don't have to pay to read finally

And I unmoulded and cut @zany's no slime castile. Had no issues except I ran out of olive oil so added a bit of CO
PicsArt_07-11-09.13.54.jpg
PicsArt_07-11-09.11.44.jpg
PicsArt_07-11-09.09.37.jpg

Love the colour. Do think I might invest in beveller, I can't do with a peeler well. Never bothered about it before much but, I think I want to. I know it's not necessary. Been soaping for years without one. But, there's so much more stuff these days. Hard not to be envious.

Tomorrow, I have roped a mate into driving up to Kenilworth to grab my order from the small farm. Not a big order, only almond oil and olive oil. Straight from the farm, been waiting for a bit as knew it would only be ready late June. Look forward smelling it. There's something romantic about casks.

good on you gecko. Life is always full of roller-coaster highs and lows, so you should be proud of getting motivated again. I hear you about hating having to clean up before you can soap. I have the same issue. Child#1 Mr18 is constantly using my just sterilised bench. I swear, if I've sterilised, he knows it and decides to come up to my area and make mess. Every. Single. Time. I miss him being at school. This so called "gap year" business is testing my sanity and patience.

Last edited:
Yesterday I shrink wrapped 40 bars of soap. This morning, I have gone trough my curing soaps to pull out what's left to be shrink wrapped & will work on that today between times of doing other non-soapy stuff. It looks like it might rain most of the day again like it did yesterday. I'm not sure, but if the sun does come out, I may do something outdoors as well (not soapy stuff).

I may work on a soap making plan for later this week. Not sure how my hand will manage, but I'd like to make soap.

You can make your own reusable ones. You can get sheets of Corrugated Plastic at Home Depot or Lowes and cut them with a sharp razor or knife. You’ll want to initially cut them just a tad bit bigger and then trim to where the fill fit snuggly inside you mold. I made a divider out of a couple of sheets of than tithing cutting board materials and a glue gun.
I didn't think of that. I've been making mine from cereal box cardboard. Plastic would be better. 👍

I will look it up, thank you. My mold only holds about 16 oz of oils, and I haven't found any molds with dividers that size.
I ordered some from EBay it was about $5USD for 6 sheets of pVC moulding. They were only 12cm though. You can get different sizes.

Just tryin' to keep up with this thread has been a soapy challenge today! Just returned from a quick trip to my home town. Am so pleased that finally my dad and sis are using soap to wash with -- of all things! -- instead of decorating with. It was a simple joy to use them myself, my soaps from a coupla years ago. They are so much harder and bubblier than when I initially used them. Curing does wonders!

Confidentially to @Sally Scheibner: You_can_go_ahead_and_confuse_my_soaps_with_ @Tara_H 's work _anytime! :)

Just tryin' to keep up with this thread has been a soapy challenge today! Just returned from a quick trip to my home town. Am so pleased that finally my dad and sis are using soap to wash with -- of all things! -- instead of decorating with. It was a simple joy to use them myself, my soaps from a coupla years ago. They are so much harder and bubblier than when I initially used them. Curing does wonders!

Confidentially to @Sally Scheibner: You_can_go_ahead_and_confuse_my_soaps_with_ @Tara_H 's work _anytime! :)
Old soap is good soap!

Back