What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did y'all miss me? I sure missed you all! Hehehe

Made 3 batches of soap so far this year.. All of em custom lard soaps
View attachment 53992
First one for a friend's husband. Made uncolored soap, separated out parts after the cook and colored with oxides.
View attachment 53993
Second n third for a couple. Purple n blue are again oxides, but the yellow is turmeric added straight to the oils. Used my triple slow cooker thing here.. Uncolored soap was separated a few minutes after it traced, then the colors were added.
Yep, we missed you!

Me, me! I missed you! Just love your soaps - especially the top one. Such a shame you used lard ;) Is that hot process still? You're very clever doing that with hot process y'know.
Good to have you back girlfriend.
Yuh, lard and yuh, HP lol
Thank you.. And I missed you loads

There she is! Missed you! The top soap is stunning, great colors.
Missed you loads too hehe, thank you!

Yep, we missed you!
I'm so glad I found this forum.. Seriously, I missed you all

Made a fourth attempt at the Taiwan swirl a few days ago. I like it a lot but I know that to get wispy swirls I’m going to need to add a third divider and fourth color. Spent yesterday morning making another divider. Woke up this morning and ran through in my head several times how I’ll execute it.

This weekend we’re gardening (including planting a passion fruit vine, @KiwiMoose) in the backyard. So my fifth attempt will have to wait until Monday.

Got a request on my FB page to make a sesame oil soap so I’ll also be formulating a recipe for that. Going to make four small batches with different percentages: 5, 8, 10, and 12. It’s been several months since I’ve tested a new fat and I’m very excited.

Talked to my neighbor last week. A soap she bought herself in December has gone unused. She said it’s too pretty to use! I’ve heard from other people that if a bar is too pretty, they hesitate to use it. Hmmm.

Talked to my neighbor last week. A soap she bought herself in December has gone unused. She said it’s too pretty to use! I’ve heard from other people that if a bar is too pretty, they hesitate to use it. Hmmm.

Yup, I have customers who only buy my soap to use as a decor item. I don't get it but at least they're buying.

I made goat milk, honey and oats soaps today with 2 different tops. Then had to go to the shop for more lye to make my coconut and aloe Vera.
12CF58F4-2717-4915-AB79-9F8654005F8F.jpeg

Made a fourth attempt at the Taiwan swirl a few days ago. I like it a lot but I know that to get wispy swirls I’m going to need to add a third divider and fourth color. Spent yesterday morning making another divider. Woke up this morning and ran through in my head several times how I’ll execute it.

This weekend we’re gardening (including planting a passion fruit vine, @KiwiMoose) in the backyard. So my fifth attempt will have to wait until Monday.

Got a request on my FB page to make a sesame oil soap so I’ll also be formulating a recipe for that. Going to make four small batches with different percentages: 5, 8, 10, and 12. It’s been several months since I’ve tested a new fat and I’m very excited.

I've got a 1 litre jar of passionfruit pulp in the fridge right now! Nom Nom.

I gave my best mate a bar of soap last week for her birthday. She said she still hasn't used the last one for the same reason. I told her off and said she must USE THEM!

@Dawni have definitely missed your SMF posts, but at least I get to keep track of what you’re up to on IG. I can’t believe how grown your son is!

My soapy thing today was to make my challenge soap. The geeky me practiced the swirls in the empty mold after marking guides for spacing. Can’t be too careful after watching Teri Endsley 😎. I made a couple of last minute design changes after deciding that the order of the colors in the mold can really change the look of the soap. I think I’m happy with the color combo IF (the big if) the custom colors I mixed hold.

I’ve done nothing soapy today! I think I’m going through withdrawal... I keep thinking I could break out my small ity bitty slab mold and make a few bars of soap with some pretty flower swirls... or I could try the challenge soap again, I don’t think I need to, but there is always room for improvement...
Yep! Definitely experiencing withdrawals from lack of creating something soapy! 🤨🤔😳🧐

@Dawni have definitely missed your SMF posts, but at least I get to keep track of what you’re up to on IG. I can’t believe how grown your son is!

My soapy thing today was to make my challenge soap. The geeky me practiced the swirls in the empty mold after marking guides for spacing. Can’t be too careful after watching Teri Endsley 😎. I made a couple of last minute design changes after deciding that the order of the colors in the mold can really change the look of the soap. I think I’m happy with the color combo IF (the big if) the custom colors I mixed hold.
I need Dawni's IG!

This is my 3rd batch of CP soap now (my same HP goat's milk recipe but with added colloidal oatmeal) and my first one in a loaf mold. It's scented with Georgia Peach from WSP (behaved perfectly) and colored with Mango Tango from Nurture Soap on the top and bottom and a middle layer colored with Honey Blush from NS too. It looks like it's going through gel phase now.

Attachments

• IMG_0962[1].JPG
    IMG_0962[1].JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 30
This is my 3rd batch of CP soap now (my same HP goat's milk recipe but with added colloidal oatmeal) and my first one in a loaf mold. It's scented with Georgia Peach from WSP (behaved perfectly) and colored with Mango Tango from Nurture Soap on the top and bottom and a middle layer colored with Honey Blush from NS too. It looks like it's going through gel phase now.
Great color!

I made 2 soaps for the SoapChallengeClub. Club is run by Amy Warden. Does anyone here enter?
Beautiful soap! Love the colors! Very calming.
I actually thought about it end of January. I was watching everybody’s challenge videos from the previous month, but wasn’t really ready to shell out the money yet. Plus I read through all the challenge options and they all seemed way above my pay grade! But I do love to watch everybody’s YouTube videos for their challenge soap! Then I figured I should work at SMF’ challenges first, just to see how I work under pressure! Lol!

I have a friend who keeps buying my soaps. I assumed they were all gifts. He couldn’t use them that fast! He sent me this photo. And this isn’t even all of them. These are the lights in his bathroom.

I’m my own worst enemy. I kept procrastinating soap dishes and making more soap. Today I finally tackled the mountain and itwas quite an ordeal! The stacking game was next level!!!

Attachments

• 7EF967FE-6CE0-4CE3-8010-E28B45847121.jpeg
    7EF967FE-6CE0-4CE3-8010-E28B45847121.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 6DA51A72-BA74-495A-AA08-F865F24F6493.jpeg
    6DA51A72-BA74-495A-AA08-F865F24F6493.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back