What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a lot of unread pages to read to get caught up in this thread, so that will be soap thing #1. Soapy thing #2 is that I lather tested a bar from a batch I made a week ago. It was supposed to be a salt soap batch, but the fragrance oil I used accelerated so fast that I couldn't stir in the salt and only got half the soap in the mold. :oops: It's quite luxurious LOL due to the high superfat. But boy is it ugly lol. Air pockets everywhere and very squat bars since I couldn't get the whole recipe in the mold. Soapy thing #3 is to make another batch with a trusted fragrance so I can actually get the salt in there. Gonna use a new mold. Stoked!

Made a million and a half embeds today. No, not lye based but M&P. I have to say after making a huge mess because my hand is not steady enough to pour that I wish I had thought of the mini-squeeze bottles I had sooner than about 3/4s of the way through my embeds. The last of my embeds are now perfect because of my mini-squeeze bottles. I can set them in hot water to stay warm while I switch out colors if needed and I can control the amount of soap I'm dispersing. So next time it's embed day I will do a much better job. At least soap is easy to clean up. :)

0FA35CF1-0C90-4D7F-A53A-49DA4B3A080C.jpeg

My first time using rice bran oil, and an attempt at a hangar swirl but the FOs accelerated trace so it was pretty thick before I could swirl, at least I think it was the FO! Always fun no matter what happens though!

Thank you @linne1gi
My soap turned out kinda meh. My 10x9orange EO really muted my colors more than Iā€™d expected. And my water reflection isnā€™t shaped the way Iā€™d wanted, my batter needed to actually be thicker. Iā€™ve worked so hard for a slow thin batter, itā€™s really hard for me to let it thicken. I think I can do better next time. Still, they fun.
Best news is, Iā€™d prepped for a batch of soap to make w my friend and her daughter. Sheā€™s said her daughter had been having a hard time and that she was interested in the soap making. We were friends, but not super close. Still I prepped the base ingredients and had a few ideas. I let the girl pick the colors and fragrance. We used up some soap dough that needed using. We made a soap that I think will be gorgeous. It was a special and great experience for all. Theyā€™ll come back tomorrow for the cut!!!

Attachments

• 9D5F3F34-6F07-4218-9190-760B921F7339.jpeg
    9D5F3F34-6F07-4218-9190-760B921F7339.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 17
  • C44B723D-45B5-435F-ADE4-B0E2FBB6F215.jpeg
    C44B723D-45B5-435F-ADE4-B0E2FBB6F215.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 17
  • C7E9310F-2DE8-45D0-9446-CADE2DDF5136.jpeg
    C7E9310F-2DE8-45D0-9446-CADE2DDF5136.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 9DAAE755-4850-4E5F-8D7D-380121DCC9D5.jpeg
    9DAAE755-4850-4E5F-8D7D-380121DCC9D5.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DE0288D4-E7AB-47C0-9633-146F9AE524E4.jpeg
    DE0288D4-E7AB-47C0-9633-146F9AE524E4.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 17
Thank you @linne1gi
My soap turned out kinda meh.
Best news is, Iā€™d prepped for a batch of soap to make w my friend and her daughter.
The moon soap is beautiful -- love the stars!
But why oh why would you find an innocent young thing to get addicted? Just kidding, that is really sweet. Nothing like using your hands and creating something if you're going thru a rough spell. Soaping is coping.

This is one of the reasons why I rarely mention it. I have two grandchildren 4yo boy and 11yo girl, my daughter is 33 (?šŸ˜† I think) Iā€™m 50.
as far as looking 30 in my pics, I love you now. And, all I can say is lighting and angles. šŸ¤£
To be honest I was putting you within a few years of my age. I'm 36. But whoa....... I hope I look as good, and as fit, as you when I'm 50.

Huuuugs for your grandson :)

No soapy thing today. My whole right arm is numb and I have no idea why. Hoping it'll feel better later coz I have lotion bars to make.

And I think my pandan boxes are arriving and I need to take pics coz I need to post my Christmas gift box like yesterday lol I'm planning a donation drive along with it for the typhoon victims..

I just finalized discussions with a small farm for sustainable palm oil. Their trees weren't planted in burned down forests, just cleared grassland, and they've been a small time producer for local sales of palm oil for several generations now. Makes me wonder how I haven't found em before. So happy about that. At least now I can see what it's like soaping with palm.

I'm 36 too! At least I feel like that. On the inside....
Lol in my head I already call you "kuya" and here it is literally "elder brother" but its a term we use with respect, for let's say the guy bagging my groceries, the random guy I'm asking directions from, someone else's older brother.. You get it.

Me? I've been stuck at 27 for ages šŸ¤£

I made my first soap cupcakes! Not too bad for a first timer I think. :)
Winner.gif

by the way i am new here. hello to you all:goodbye1:
Howdy from Colorado USA. Oh, you're in Bali! I've always wanted to go there! Lucky you! Please take a moment, if you haven't done so already, and introduce yourself. Introduction Forum Tell us about your soap making experience and anything else you care to share. The longer the better! haha šŸ˜„

The moon soap is beautiful -- love the stars!
But why oh why would you find an innocent young thing to get addicted? Just kidding, that is really sweet. Nothing like using your hands and creating something if you're going thru a rough spell. Soaping is coping.
Theyā€™re coming back today so she can cut it herself. Iā€™m going to let her keep it and give it as gifts to friends for Christmas. I might even help her make labels for it. I let her cut one of the loaves of my moon soap and she said ā€œI could do this all day!ā€ I was thinking, weā€™ve got a future soaper here folks!!!
Felt like a good surrogate for my gbabies that I miss so much!

for the first time in weeks I have no fancy soaps in the cue. I guess I finally have to tackle that goat milk and honey soap that Iā€™m terrified of. Time to revisit my thread asking fo help with it.

I am shrink wrapping a bunch of soaps. I am so bad at it lol. I keep hoping to find my system, but there's always one wonky side. Later I am going to make labels for all of them.

I also "washed" one of my ugly soaps in hopes that it looks a little better. It's drying right now. If it works, then I will do the rest of the batch. It's good soap, just ugly.

Impatiently waiting for my coconut layered soap that I made last night to be ready to be unmolded and cut. I forgot to add SL, so I guess I will have to be patient.

All this while watching Rocky on Paramount LOL. I just missed the end, but that's ok, I know how it turns out LOL.

A little more reading, then break time is over.

9E6BE0FB-35A4-4369-9000-F2BC60E5C96A.jpeg

Cut the soap I made yesterday. I'm falling in love with the drop swirl!

I recently re-drew the lines on my cheese slicer soap cutter and have been getting crooked bars. That's not gonna fly so after cutting this loaf I scrubbed the lines off and will re-draw again, hopefully with more precision!

In pajamas, drinking coffee, and super excited to have soap to cut today!!!
Anyone with the poop soaps have any packaging ideas?
Iā€™ve got a set of four and Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™ll fit into mini muffin boxes.
What about 4"x4"x4" craft boxes? I use those for shipping some of my small soaps.

Latest posts

Back