What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pineapple Cilantro in the mold and at my gelling station. I'll miss it when the fire goes out for the season! Scent is from Tamera, and it is just delightful. It discolors a bit but I work with it.
20190310_185650.jpeg

I made a soap yesterday using pineapple and cilantro from BB//I liked it but it smells real sweet (kinda sicky sweet) it did smell like pineapple. did your scent smell real sweet too? your loaf looks nice!!

This one can’t even guide himself. I dont know. I just make soap.
I hear you. I've got a34 year old son that lives with us. He works but is socially awkward. Basically he's a useful recluse.... So I make soap. He did build me a wonderful soap room though... He's a good boy.
I made a soap yesterday using pineapple and cilantro from BB//I liked it but it smells real sweet (kinda sicky sweet) it did smell like pineapple. did your scent smell real sweet too? your loaf looks nice!!
I don't think it's too sweet, and it does smell like pineapple. Here is a picture of the discoloration from my last batch. I used TD to get that creamy tan.

I hear you. I've got a34 year old son that lives with us. He works but is socially awkward. Basically he's a useful recluse.... So I make soap. He did build me a wonderful soap room though... He's a good boy.
We have one of those too - he's my partner's son. He spent the ENTIRE DAY yesterday (Sunday) in his bedroom. Came out to eat dinner, then went back in.

Reinbeau - love the soap! Colours look perfect for the fragrance.

@reinbeau I like the colors despite the discoloration
We have one of those too - he's my partner's son. He spent the ENTIRE DAY yesterday (Sunday) in his bedroom. Came out to eat dinner, then went back in.
I have a teenage version lol

I cut leftovers from yesterday's brownie soap into thin small squares. Will probably shred the thicker ones for more confetti soap, but I tried a really thin one and it's good for about 3 hand washes.

Inspired by the monthly challenge here when I was new, I now have travel soaps hehehe
_20190311_125929.JPG

I'm just hoping no one mistakes them for those thin chocolate mints and puts one in their mouth lol
View attachment 37416 Here’s my little leafy decorations @Dawni. The ones on the top left are the ones where I used real leaves. All I can say is - choose your leaves wisely! Needs to be firm and waxy. The ones that weren’t all broke.
View attachment 37415
Awesome! At least we know real leaves will work with some effort. Love your leaves and flowers! Are the rest from a mold? Excited to see what you do with them.

Ever make your own buttermilk with milk and vinegar?
I have for baking, not sure I want to tackle it for soapmaking. This time around I portioned out the buttermilk to small batch quantities, labeled it and threw it in the freezer so at least next time I fail to make soap I'm only wasting 4oz rather than a full quart.

I did make my soap this weekend and got most of my behind the scenes stuff done. I'll cut the soap today and post pics later. It turned out to be a bear of a soap as I had forgotten the FO accelerates, but it worked out for the design. I just wasn't mentally prepared for it.

I haven't done anything soapy today.... yet..... but I will later on, sort of.... I'll be ordering some stuff to make the solid dish soap detergent/paste that Mischief made the other day.

Ellie says, “Let’s cut it already.”

Sorry for the hijack, but wow!!! Your Ellie looks just like our TiTi (short for Nefertiti), one of the 2 family dogs we had when I was growing up. Titi was part Basenji. We also had her bother from the same litter, named Tut (my mom who named them was obsessed with everything Egypt, lol). Tut looked exactly like Titi, only he had black markings on his head that gave him a Dracula look. Tut was 'my' dog, if you know what I mean. ;) I'll have to do some digging, but I'll see if I can possibly find a pic or 2 and post them elsewhere and tell a little about the story of how they became part of our family (it was very interesting). They both have been gone over the Rainbow Bridge, as they say, for years now.

IrishLass :)

What soapy thing have you done today? I made these 2 batches. <3 Red and gray is Sandalwood & Blood Orange, and the blue swirl is Peppermint & Ruby Red Grapefruit. <3 (Sorry for the "great" pic quality on the first one. It ended up spilling in transport.) Inerestingly, both came from the same recipe, but were mixed at different temps. Is that why one was fluid and the other was thicker (able to mound up)?

Anyhow, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Collage 2019-03-11 20_32_03.jpg
    Collage 2019-03-11 20_32_03.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 27
What soapy thing have you done today? I made these 2 batches. <3 Red and gray is Sandalwood & Blood Orange, and the blue swirl is Peppermint & Ruby Red Grapefruit. <3 (Sorry for the "great" pic quality on the first one. It ended up spilling in transport.) Inerestingly, both came from the same recipe, but were mixed at different temps. Is that why one was fluid and the other was thicker (able to mound up)?

Anyhow, thanks for looking!
Those look good! Temps play a big part, so that's probably it, also fragrances.

I got everything ready for beer soap. Hoping to get it done this afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back