What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, I do a lot of jiggling and smacking before I'm satisfied lol
I've been LMAO for 30 minutes now with tears streaming down my face -- thought this forum was rated G!

Gave out my Christmas soaps at a party tonight, Winter Green, Cocoa Mint, O Christmas Tree, and Gold Frankincense and Myrrh (yes, the 4th place winner of the November Challenge, I might add :cool:).
20181207_230012.jpg

it really doesnt sound like your still talking about soap right now :rolleyes:

I've been LMAO for 30 minutes now with tears streaming down my face -- thought this forum was rated G!

You guys!! I WAS talking about soap..... Soap is rated G.. It is! :nonono:

LOL

Edit: Funny that it's the men who just HAD TO comment :D

A soap forum is always a clean forum :)

I made some Pink Grapefruit and sea salt bars. Now I wait until tomorrow to unmold. I thought it would move to thick trace quite quickly after adding the salt (50% the weight of oils) but it didn't; seem to. For the EOs I used Pink Grapefruit and May Chang.

Sounds amazing!

I diluted the last of my liquid soap paste today. I'm not even sure when I made the paste. All I know is it's been at least a year. It was in my outdoor fridge last Christmas. It's been interesting to see how it's mellowed... and it has.

Been trying to get a slightly more fluid HP so I can use my mini molds and so far have been semi successful with pouring in part water after the cook.

I tried pouring in really hot, strong coffee and was able to pour! The tops dried up to quickly though so they're very messy lol
_20181209_112220.JPG

Been trying to get a slightly more fluid HP so I can use my mini molds and so far have been semi successful with pouring in part water after the cook.

I tried pouring in really hot, strong coffee and was able to pour! The tops dried up to quickly though so they're very messy lol
View attachment 33649
Individual molds are tough to HP. Ive never had much luck with them

Individual molds are tough to HP. Ive never had much luck with them
Yes, it takes a bit of running in circles like a mad woman but I was inspired by my luck with last time's rice soap also with the same mold. Recipes were different, maybe that's why that one was cleaner than this one hehe

Our exchange student’s mother came over for a visit for two weeks, the whole time I only made one batch of soap. My brain was creating and storing all sorts of soapy goodness during that time, so in the past two days, I’ve made five batches. Soap overload. Lol.

I finally jumped in, and made some shave soap - posted all details in Songwind's thread. It smells amazing, and I think that I love it! But.. the pucks are a little wonky, as they were hand molded after scraping them out of glass ramekins (at the advice of my hubby)..
They won't stay pretty anyway. And glass in the bathroom?? Maybe not such a good idea.

True, lol!! I was trying to find a nice wooden bowl to put it in, but time got away from me... why do I always get the best ideas when it's too late??
Seems that's always the case. I'm the same.

I was in a second hand store a couple of weeks ago, looking for something I could use as a foaming mug (scuttle??) and found a gorgeous hand made ceramic coffee mug. It has a bit of texture in the bowl and it's nice and big (almost a touch too big) and it works really well.

Decided to try out 2 things today after spending the day painting i felt stressed because of something i have to do tomorrow that is literally the last thing i want to do right now so decided to try turn that stress into something active and creative. So wrote myself a new recipe to try and as i spent about 2 hours yesterday watching youtube videos on swirl techniques i thought i would give that a go too. Scented with sweet orange FO.
The swirl went awesome until i had to move the glasses i was pouring the batter on thats where it all went wrong but i think i did a pretty good job of fixing it with a metal skewer i bought for the purpose of swirling soaps

and its been suggested someone might want to try a few smaller soaps iv made with the intention of eventually maybe using them in a guest house they rent out part the year. Not selling so can only gift them at the moment but reckon it could provide me with some market research for when i hopefully do get to selling stage. So poured a bit of the mixture into a silicone mold i bought for wax melts but its too big for that and hopfully perfect for this use

Attachments

• 20181209_224327.jpg
    20181209_224327.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181209_224329.jpg
    20181209_224329.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
Oooh those colors are pretty! And good job on the swirl too @Chris_S! I hope your soaping session eased your mind a bit?

I've been eyeing that mold but I don't wanna end up with loads of em coz I'm eyeing some others as well lol

I finally made some soap. Perfect Man for a customer that ordered a whole loaf. No more soap till after Christmas now. Still need to make some lip scrubs and lip balm for a special order. Hopefully tomorrow. If I don’t procrastinate again.

A208213C-3F61-4D06-89C6-A3CC96C15CB3.jpeg 4E47D9B5-0B7A-49AF-AF6A-FE2C7C93D546.jpeg I accidentally put the amount of total batch where the weight for ounces was supposed to go so I made a 50 oz loaf with wss rosemary mint fo and a smaller slab of wss grapefruit and orange blossom fo. I think they will end up being mini bars since there was only 26 oz of batter after the loaf pan. Somehow I managed to turn out both with different colors and techniques. The heart embeds I had on hand. I overdid the gold mica on the hearts one

Back