What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to try Sweet Cakes Ralph Lauren Blue to see how it behaves (seems like it does pretty well). It's one of my all time favorites, and I had about an ounce and a half. I also wanted to try a funnel pour with mostly white and thin one color bands. Started out fine, but wasn't working quite fast enough and the batter started getting thick toward the end. Not what I was looking for, but - hey - maybe I should try to spin this (not sure if white counted as a color for the challenge). Nope, no spin - at least on top where I could see. So why not chopstick and skewer the poor thing. Don't have a clue what I'll find when it's cut. My soapy adventure for today. It's pink and white - happy Valentine's Day!

I totally adore the Vetyver from bb. Omg it's so delicious! I got a little water discount happy and got too many air bubbles but this is my Vetyver soap. It's def my new favorite scent. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1455542282.132342.jpg

Congratulations!!! I don't know if I'm ready for the 2nd attempt. I'm still shell-shocked from the 1st try!! This Wednesday will be a week, it's just been sitting in my closet. I'm still scared to use it.

It's been awhile, so maybe soon. Need to find the recipe again though

My soaping plans for the weekend have been sunk!

We are having visitors and going to watch a triathalon in the sun and heat. I have spent yesterday and today (in between achieving some work) cleaning. Even worse I have to get up at 6am to watch them run. Oh joy.

Last edited:
Today I made the stinkiest batch of soap EVER.......leftover christmas beer soap. Wow! First it stunk up the whole house when I cooked the foam out of it last night. Then when I mixed it with the lye I thought one of the dogs had an accident! No kidding it stinks!

I liked the caramel color of it but being who I am I needed some added excitement so I lighted up a small portion with kaolin and TD, then I darkened up another portion of it with dried aronia berry powder which will also add a bit of scrubbiness. I really hope it turns out all macho and manly since I've been on a girly binge lately.

BeerSoap#1-3.jpg

I've been neglecting my soaping lately for snow removal and wood bringing in-ing, and a bit of knitting. Today I'm printing out my wine soap recipe, making up a new lotion, and making more leave in conditioner (I use it as a detangler on the kids). I'm playing around with fractionated coconut oil for the first time. I finally got my hands on some really cheap. I found a local lady that hosts coop buys online, so I got in on one and saved on shipping by just picking it up. I'm so excited she's also doing a tallow buy so I should finally have some of that to play with!

Latest posts

Back