What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I unmolded, cut and posted photos of the spin swirl challenge soaps. It was really rushed so the pictures are not great and a bit blurred, but I think I just managed to squeeze them in on time!I haven't been that nervous of cutting into a batch for ages. It was so much fun!

Tomorrow I'm going to make a Sandalwood and vanilla batch. The FO accelerates on me like crazy, but I adore the scent. I'm a bit stumped on design ideas. It'll have to be something simple. will try and sleep on it!

I'm a bit behind, here are a few things from the last week or two.

My forest inspired soap.
Brown is dirt FO, green and blue is Frasier fir, light green is Indonesian teakwood all from Crafter's Choice. I'm pretty happy with it! My only complaint is that the light green looks quite pale and there isn't as much contrast as I wanted.

Second is a springy lilac soap. The first try with this FO seized on me badly and I had soap on a stick.I rebatched it and I like it now. I had a plan and came at it differently for this batch and] won this time. I love it!

Both soaps are great but I really love the colours and pattern of the second soap. Gorgeous colour combination and design.

Finally managed to get some soaps for re-supply made today. 2 batches of Money from NG, 2 batches of Redwood and Cedar and the Charcoal portion of my Camel milk soap done. Hopefully I will be able to shred it and finish my Hump Day soap tomorrow. Off to make Lilac & Lavender. Been a pretty good soaping day

This is one happy soapy girl! The bf gave me my birthday present today.... He MADE me a soap cutter! It's gorgeous and cuts like a dream. Oh and here's some pics of the two lilac batches I made yesterday. Very happy with how the pink, yellow and orange morphed on the lilac citrus bar. My layering is getting better too! But still getting crackle when I use TD. (But enough about soap, how about that cutter?)

1456190609923.jpg

1456190623488.jpg

Just un-molded my 12 bars of nag champa soap from my wave molds and smoothed them out and washed the molds and got them put away. I spent more time at two garden centers looking for and buying perennials and some annuals. Next two days will be for planting before the rain comes on Saturday. Looks like the weekend may be time to make soap again.

I grounded myself from soaping till I , 1 Finishing my tanned sheep pelts 2. Clean the basement 3. Clean the freezer.... Oh, paper work! I rather to making soap!!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1456227950.937028.jpg

Finally managed to get some soaps for re-supply made today. 2 batches of Money from NG, 2 batches of Redwood and Cedar and the Charcoal portion of my Camel milk soap done. Hopefully I will be able to shred it and finish my Hump Day soap tomorrow. Off to make Lilac & Lavender. Been a pretty good soaping day

I was in a health food store on Friday and they had powdered Camel milk. 163.50 for 14 oz package....holy cow.

I've been making quite a bit of soap lately because the stash was low(ish), I am testing out a few florals, spin swirl challenge, trying a couple of new things, and well, just because ..... Hubby saw all the soapies yesterday that are curing and commented "you've got a lot of soap...which is fine...but there's really a lot".

Oops.

Just stocked up on base oils from BB with their 25% off sale. Got some of my favorite fragrance oils too. Almost exhausted my tax refund now but I'll sure be soaping from dusk till dawn.

Soleseife Soap for fun

Back from a 2 1/2 week trip to see my brother and also my son and his family. Couldn't wait to make some soap after I put the house back in order. Made a batch of Soleseife Soap using 100% CO and all ground Himilayan Pink Salt. First time making this soap. Took it out of the mold after 4 hours, cleaned the bars up before they cooled off and I just know it will develop ash. Used Annetto seed as the base color then split the batch and added blue oxide to get the olive green. Now to wait for the cure time. Next time I will use less Annetto seed.

Does Any one know how you are suppose to pronounce Soleseife?

SOLESEIFE SOAP WITH HIMALAYAN PINK SALT.jpg

Last edited:
Soaring1- awesome colors! Very sunflowery!

I just made a 1lb batch with NG Delicious Type. It's such a lovely Spring scent. No swirls, no designs, just a little yellow mica in the whole batter. Poured in my individual bar mold. I need to get a 1lb square mold for these.

Last edited:
Made a double batch of salt bars and forgot my essential oils! First time for everything, right? Fortunately, I was able to pour them out of the molds, add the EOs, and get them back in the mold with no problem. I poured a little early to begin with, so all was good. Whew!

Latest posts

Back