What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my first honey oatmeal milk soaps. Used individual mold I bought last week. It yielded 15 bars 50grams each. Honey really gives nice smell to the bars. :)

1449385751047.jpg

Interestingly, I mentioned this to my son's (what do I call her???? they just had a baby together and want to marry but can't because the drama llama won't sign the divorce papers) lady/girlfriend/fiance/love of his life, and she didn't bat an eyelash... thought it was a great idea and she's heard of it before. She even told me that some body builders will pay up to $30/oz. for breast milk. (She's considering donating to a breast milk bank.)

Wow, I'm impressed.

I made a batch of shaving soap for my dad scented with Teakwood Cardamom, and then a loaf of Ginger Lime with an all veggie recipe for a friend of mine. He requested EOs, so I'm hoping they stick.

I made a huge batch of tea tree oil soap for my husband. He's been out for a while, and bought himself a bar of his old commercial favorite. He says it's not as nice as the soap I make. :mrgreen:

I just finished making a batch of Morrocan Mint soap, inspired by Handmade in Florida's design.

It's a lot less sophisticated but I guess that's just 'cause I'm an inexperienced newbie;)

There are some teeny tiny, bright red spots on the kitchen tiles though, where I stick blendered, so I'm afraid the lye reacts with the stone tiles... I should stop being lazy and just tape newspaper all over the kitchen.

Once all my christmas soaps are done I'll post pics of the results!

image.jpg

I tried to rebatch a zappy hand-stirred soap. Unfortunately after I put it in the oven I forgot all about it. It overflowed :(

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1449934753.236120.jpg

I just finished making a batch of Morrocan Mint soap, inspired by Handmade in Florida's design.

It's a lot less sophisticated but I guess that's just 'cause I'm an inexperienced newbie;)

There are some teeny tiny, bright red spots on the kitchen tiles though, where I stick blendered, so I'm afraid the lye reacts with the stone tiles... I should stop being lazy and just tape newspaper all over the kitchen.

Once all my christmas soaps are done I'll post pics of the results!

You know newspaper probably isn't a sufficient shield for your tiles as drops of liquid can soak through. It might be a good idea to buy a thick sheet of plastic coated fabric or thick plastic table cloth and use that to protect your kitchen.

Latest posts

Back