What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still organizing

After breakfast I got all my colorants, and glitters out of their locked, stacked boxes, and got them in my new mobile cart. I bought this cart particularly because the drawers are 3" deep, which is perfect for 1oz jars of colorants which are 3" deep..
I marked the tops of the jars with sharpies to make searching easier; but I'd like to redo those if I can find some round, waterproof labels, if there is such a thing..

The top drawer is for Titanium dioxide, silks, colored clays and botanical colorants, and dried dried herbs.
Next following drawers are for powdered colors and micas. First one is for yellows, oranges and reds. Then pinks and lavenders, then the purples, blues and greens, then browns and blacks.
The very bottom is for glitters and puff bottles, and some liquid colorants.

After lunch I need to finish cleaning out a box of leftover mixed colors. and fragrances that spilled. What a mess! Covering the little mis en place bowls with saran wrap did not work, so I need to get to a restaurant supply store and get tiny plastic cups with covers, for that purpose, or better yet, some tiny glass jars. Wonder if Michaels sells those?????

I love this cart so much I may just buy another one for my embed and other small molds and small tools - spatulas, whisks, gloves, tiny cups for oils, pipettes, measuring spoons, etc. My husband is encouraging me to get another one but I have to make sure I have a place for it my office after I move move my desk, and other things. Right now my office is more like a part time rummage sale - a repository for a lot of things that have to be put elsewhere.

I love this cart so much I may just buy another one for my embed and other small molds and small tools - spatulas, whisks, gloves, tiny cups for oils, pipettes, measuring spoons, etc. My husband is encouraging me to get another one but I have to make sure I have a place for it my office after I move move my desk, and other things. Right now my office is more like a part time rummage sale - a repository for a lot of things that have to be put elsewhere.

Where did you get the cart? I love the pic in your earlier post

I made a new shampoo bar....put silk and French green clay in it. It traced super fast so next time I'm mixing at a higher temp than 120

I cleaned up huge messes from frosting bath bomb cupcakes. I had to give up cake decorating a few years ago due to my fibromyalgia and I was really, really sad about that whole thing. It just wore me out, though. So, I was a little rusty in the frosting department but it will come back to me and I cannot express the joy I have that soaping now lets me make cake decorating - like projects in a wide variety without getting worn out!

I also had some lip balm beeswax mess to round 2 clean. Beeswax is whoohoo stubborn.

Let's see... A couple one pound test batch soap molds were in there.... I basically blew my kitchen up the last couple days! Oh, and some cherry almond soap mess remnants I didn't get all of. The kids are dying for that soap to cure, even my boy. He just wants to wash in all of it, bless his heart. He doesn't care if the scent is 'for a boy' or not. Considering he has been sometimes a two shower a day kid plus a soaker, especially if he has a job doing something like laying insulation as he does right now, I guess I can see it. They get pretty tired and itchy.

So, back to cleaning soapy messes with me!

dillsandwitch~MUST.POST.PICS of those salt bars! They are my favorite!

I can post some pics tomorrow. Cant be bothered to get out the camera tonight. They aren't that impressive really. Just plain coloured and some are oval and some are rectangle. But they are so very nice bars. I think they are my new favorite. I use about 60% fine salt and they are so very very bubbly :D

I haven't made soap in way too long. I'm getting ready to retire and I never knew it was so much work! I've been very distracted and preoccupied, and I know that's not a good soapmaking state of mind, so I'm waiting....impatiently. And living vicariously through the rest of you, but I'm going into serious withdrawal! I have new molds and stamps that I haven't tried yet, and it's killing me! Soon...soon.

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

Found these fun silicone ice molds in the clearance section of Meijer yesterday! Think they could make some fun embeds.

Reply to question about my cart

I got the cart from Amazon.com. It's called: Seville Classics 6-Drawer Organizer Cart, Frosted White. It was $39.99 with free shipping. In fact, I like it so much I ordered another one last night!

Last edited:
I ended up making my first bath bombs with my 9 year old son. He was so thrilled and wants to make a YouTube channel teaching people how to do this. LOL - he's such a little ham :) The whole time we were making them, he was narrating like he was talking to a camera. I should have recorded it, it was pretty funny :) Here's our creations:

IMG_0372.JPG

I've been in a soap funk. Uninspired. Mostly cause I've been out of a lot of supplies but plan on restocking next month, I'll have some extra money then to fill my shelves. Thank you all for keeping me entertained with your beautiful work.

I'm catching up on my notes - haven't done it for a while and want to make sure I have a complete log of all my soaps to look back over in future.

I messed around with my shave soap yesterday... I still need to take my hand mixer to it.

And then the game night ended up turning into an impromptu poker night. The prize? A soap from my stash that I picked out and put in to a paper bag so that the others wouldn't know what it was. :D Mystery soap!

I FINALLY broke under the BLUE COLORANT pressure....and bought some bb ultramarine blue ugh was not wanting to go the UNNATURAL WAY but if I was to get royal blue it had to be done I guess!!!

I cut my first CP soap today. Looks like a big failure haha. It's still very soft while it should be a hard soap. Maybe since I'm used to MP this is just what its supposed to be like, so we'll see.
I've been on the computer whole day long since the weather is absolutely TERRIBLE here so I came up with a lot of new soaping ideas for Autumn and such. :)

I cut my first CP soap today. Looks like a big failure haha. It's still very soft while it should be a hard soap. Maybe since I'm used to MP this is just what its supposed to be like, so we'll see.
I've been on the computer whole day long since the weather is absolutely TERRIBLE here so I came up with a lot of new soaping ideas for Autumn and such. :)

Did your soap gel? If not, it may take several days to completely saponify. Don't give up yet. Is it zappy? If it's not lye heavy, then that means that it's still going through the saponification process. Give it a few days, and see what happens. Fingers crossed for you.

Back