What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dawni

Reaction score
I went on etsy and found it but it wont let me open it now
No worries.. I'll look for him on Etsy. Thank you :)

Made some more lotion bars... People like em hehe

Also checked on my Castile soaps....... I have to take pics, but I think one has something that could be DOS. My first, if ever..

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally sent soap to family in Arizona. After trying a soft oil bar that has a little palm and a lard-based bar, they’re sold on lard. My MIL, who grew up on a ranch in a very isolated area of South Dakota, also shared her recollections of her mom making lard soap with wood ashes. That soap got the clothes clean, but it wasn’t what they used for bathing. She’s tickled to have “fancy” lard soap.

This is better, and was even nicer before I banged the mold to try to settled down what I was doing at the other end.

AC28EFB7-1916-478A-AD66-B052B9DBA497.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiti Williams

Reaction score
Made soap on Friday, it accelerated fast after I added the scents. Squished it into the molds and set it in the warmer trays. Unmolded on Sat - I will do a brown paper wrap on them and call them Ugly Soaps. They are a bit uneven in the shape department, but looks like good soap.

Marilyn Norgart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut soap scented with "Leaves" By Natures Fragrance. Def. a fall scent. smells like a cross between pumpkin pie and mulled cider. Normally not my type of scent but this one pulls it off.
thanks I am getting my order from them ready so I am gonna add that one too :)

Marilyn Norgart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a recipe for a CP shave soap that I tried--its not done curing yet but am wondering if anybody would know if there is a reason that KOH would have to be used.

runnerchicki

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator: