What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, loves, where is that youtube video on how to make the secret rose?!?! I want to try, but all I can find are hidden feather videos.
Not the exact same look but I found this in my bookmarks, and searched again n found this.
I fill my mold 2/3 the way with white soap then pour alternating colors of green in thin lines down the middle. I run a hanger down through the greens exiting to the side of the mold and then begin to build my rose colors on top of the green line gently pouring down the center as I did the green lines only making them wider. when I think I have the right shape built I add white soap to the sides to contain the red and pink colors. I swirl the bud of the rose SLIGHTLY and then cover with the remaining white soap. I then pipe roses on top, add leaves, gold leafing and voila! That's it :)
You say that's it like you merely dumped one color of soap in a mold and that's it hahaha :p
I hope it is Ok to share my first soapy thing :) Here is my batch of Zany's Castille! Many thanks to @Zany_in_CO for sharing such a wonderful recipe, and for the team who've helped get me started! @KiwiMoose, @Dawni, @Dean and @Zing!

img_20190304_153010_640-jpg.37131
Looks awesome Paul! Yey for pretty first soaps!
@KiwiSoap Did I not tell you about the $100 consultation fee? ;)

Anyhoo - here's my grey sludgy confetti soap that was supposed to be purple. Yep - it's that same liquid colourant @SaltedFig - who knows what colour it will be in three or four weeks?

But at least it smells delish!

View attachment 37133
Fascinating that colorant.. Keep us posted like before hehe

I made my first lotion today from a recipe given to me by a wonderful soaper on this forum. I really like it. Really smooth and not at all greasy. It was a small batch - 8 ounces. Perfect size for testing!
View attachment 37126
I love your labeling too! Very nice and great scent combo!

I made another batch of Body Butter today. I sold out on the last batch in 24 hours. Wish I would have started selling this last fall. Can't ship it in summer so just have a few more months of sales left.

@KiwiSoap Did I not tell you about the $100 consultation fee? ;)
I had to Like this message just to be able to Dis-Like it. Thanks!
:lol:

Anyhoo - here's my grey sludgy confetti soap that was supposed to be purple. Yep - it's that same liquid colourant @SaltedFig - who knows what colour it will be in three or four weeks?

But at least it smells delish!

It's going to be awesome again (of course ;))

I second seeing the update photo's :)

I made soap this afternoon. Played around with Zany's faux seawater with a higher salt amount and less baking soda. I should not have added kaolin clay because once again, I couldn't swirl what I had planned because it thickened up too fast, and I didn't even SB more than 5 seconds.

working on 100% coconuty bar.....coconut oil,coconut milk and coconut water.....I.am gonna sprinkle some black seeds on it what do.you think
Depends on what the seeds are.. There's a fun ongoing thread right now about bits in soap hehehe

Good luck on your soap! Don't forget a higher superfat and that 100% coconut will get thick really fast ;)

I made soap this afternoon. Played around with Zany's faux seawater with a higher salt amount and less baking soda. I should not have added kaolin clay because once again, I couldn't swirl what I had planned because it thickened up too fast, and I didn't even SB more than 5 seconds.

Depends on what the seeds are.. There's a fun ongoing thread right now about bits in soap hehehe

Good luck on your soap! Don't forget a higher superfat and that 100% coconut will get thick really fast ;)
I learnt that while mixing a while ago.Thank God I had no distraction and was concentrating all through.the batter thickened up real fast and it didnt need any Fragrance oil....it smells awesome

Thank you soo much for replying my post

Cut soap is here!
Thank you soo much for replying my post
You're very welcome :)

After a couple of weeks to focus on the not-soap parts of getting ready to sell soap, I went back into the soap dungeon.

My INTENT was a small test batch. I had a new mica I wanted to put through its paces, and wanted to play around with a color combination that's been itching in the back of my mind.

And well, I had a bunch of scraps I needed to do something with, so a few soap balls sounded like a good idea.

And then I accidentally two loaves of soap.

Whoops.

IMG_20190304_135028_864.jpg

After a couple of weeks to focus on the not-soap parts of getting ready to sell soap, I went back into the soap dungeon.

My INTENT was a small test batch. I had a new mica I wanted to put through its paces, and wanted to play around with a color combination that's been itching in the back of my mind.

And well, I had a bunch of scraps I needed to do something with, so a few soap balls sounded like a good idea.

And then I accidentally two loaves of soap.

Whoops.

View attachment 37148

very pretty cant wait to see them cut---oh and soap balls? is that a real thing?? if so how did you do it--I can only make so much confetti soap

very pretty cant wait to see them cut---oh and soap balls? is that a real thing?? if so how did you do it--I can only make so much confetti soap

I save scraps in a ziplock baggie immediately after creating the scraps, which keeps them malleable for a while. :) I then just reach in the bag, grab a (gloved) handful, and squish it around until it's in a ball shape. Toss them in some mica and they're ready to go.

Made two batches of soap this weekend. I made a one pound batch for a co-worker that's been bugging me for some lavender scented soap. Divided the batch in half and did a ghost swirl. Turned out less ghosty than anticipated, but I like it.

The other batch was almost a disaster. I had a sample of BB's Vanilla Oak I had received from a recent order. I checked the label and it said it discolored to brown. I decided to roll with it and added some olive leaf powder and a little kaolin clay hoping for a nice rich brown color. What I didn't know (as it was not on the sample's LABEL, what that it accelerates CP soap like crazy (as I learned after the fact looking it up on the website). And they don't lie - I had exactly 10 seconds after I added the lye to get that bad boy into the mold. After two seconds of the SB I said a dirty word and grabbed the mold and scooped like mad! Barely avoided soap on a stick by 5 seconds. It went through gel phase over the next 30 minutes, and I kid you not, I was cutting into blocks in 2 hours LOL!

Lesson learned - always look up and don't rely on the labels.

IMG_0054.jpg

Lavender

IMG_0056.jpg

Vanilla Oak

Made two batches of soap this weekend. I made a one pound batch for a co-worker that's been bugging me for some lavender scented soap. Divided the batch in half and did a ghost swirl. Turned out less ghosty than anticipated, but I like it.

The other batch was almost a disaster. I had a sample of BB's Vanilla Oak I had received from a recent order. I checked the label and it said it discolored to brown. I decided to roll with it and added some olive leaf powder and a little kaolin clay hoping for a nice rich brown color. What I didn't know (as it was not on the sample's LABEL, what that it accelerates CP soap like crazy (as I learned after the fact looking it up on the website). And they don't lie - I had exactly 10 seconds after I added the lye to get that bad boy into the mold. After two seconds of the SB I said a dirty word and grabbed the mold and scooped like mad! Barely avoided soap on a stick by 5 seconds. It went through gel phase over the next 30 minutes, and I kid you not, I was cutting into blocks in 2 hours LOL!

Lesson learned - always look up and don't rely on the labels.

View attachment 37168
Lavender

View attachment 37170
Vanilla Oak
Seems to be the trend today lol my last soap went straight to thick batter in seconds too, unmolded and cut and even zapless all within 3hrs give or take.

The vanilla doesn't look like anything went wrong while you were soaping, and I love the lavender one :)

Latest posts

Back