What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well iv just had my new fo delivered so going to make some candles in abit and might soap later then again iv got lots of cleaning to do so i might try making some bath bombs. Never had much success with them but iv been wanting to make some for a few weeks now to try out a new recipe and method i found online.

so i might try making some bath bombs. Never had much success with them but iv been wanting to make some for a few weeks now to try out a new recipe and method i found online.
@Chris_S Pls update (in the B&B thread, I guess) about your BB experience! I have yet to find either a recipe or a method I like. Or someone to clean out the tub :p

@Chris_S Pls update (in the B&B thread, I guess) about your BB experience! I have yet to find either a recipe or a method I like. Or someone to clean out the tub :p

Polysorbe80 is supposed to help disperse the colourant and stop it from sticking to the sides of the bath. Im at a massove disadvantage with regards to bath bombs as i only have a shower in my house so can only rely on feedback which sometimes absolutly sucks.

https://diybeautybase.com/bubble-gum-bath-fizzie-recipe-foaming

Thats the recipe and method im going to try. Iv got the moulds but iv only tried making them a few times.

Last edited:
Im at a massove disadvantage with regards to bath bombs as i only have a shower in my house so can only rely on feedback which sometimes absolutly sucks.
Same here lol so I'm not even gonna try making bath bombs. I have looked into shower steamers though..

I cut n posted the soap from earlier. I love it!

Also, turns out the "faded pink" in my soleseife fail was actually really thick ash. Like really thick, almost as if it was a soap layer on its own. I wanted to see what would happen if I shaved it all of instead of trying to steam it off or with alcohol, since I wasn't happy with the swirls anyway. Here's what it looks like underneath the ash.
_20190227_135754.JPG

And check out my ratanjot infusion after only 2.5 days. Excited to see how it goes after heat and a few more weeks.
_20190227_135844.JPG

Same here lol so I'm not even gonna try making bath bombs. I have looked into shower steamers though..

I cut n posted the soap from earlier. I love it!

Also, turns out the "faded pink" in my soleseife fail was actually really thick ash. Like really thick, almost as if it was a soap layer on its own. I wanted to see what would happen if I shaved it all of instead of trying to steam it off or with alcohol, since I wasn't happy with the swirls anyway. Here's what it looks like underneath the ash.
View attachment 37002
And check out my ratanjot infusion after only 2.5 days. Excited to see how it goes after heat and a few more weeks.
View attachment 37003

Yes shower steamers are on my too do list was thinking methol crytals and some likd of mint eo to help with colds. Not sure what legalities of this would be so would obviously need to check regs on this but shower steamers could also be used as a bowl steamer instead of just menthol crystals added to steaming hot water as advised by all pharmacists iv ever worked with. I actually used the crumbs of the failed bath bomb as a toilet cleaner after finding out there are some very simular recipes for fizzing toilet cleaner lol it worked a treat too

Yes shower steamers are on my too do list was thinking methol crytals and some likd of mint eo to help with colds. Not sure what legalities of this would be so would obviously need to check regs on this but shower steamers could also be used as a bowl steamer instead of just menthol crystals added to steaming hot water as advised by all pharmacists iv ever worked with. I actually used the crumbs of the failed bath bomb as a toilet cleaner after finding out there are some very simular recipes for fizzing toilet cleaner lol it worked a treat too
Imagine, taking a bath in the same stuff you clean your toilet with. Makes one wonder how dirty both are :p

Oye, go check out my soap lols

Imagine, taking a bath in the same stuff you clean your toilet with. Makes one wonder how dirty both are :p

Oye, go check out my soap lols

I dont think its that it might be to do with the fizzing and disturbing of the dirt and if you think what a bath bomb has in it citric acid, cornstarch and baking soda as main ingridients you can use at least 2 of those 3 as part of a household cleaner but yet they are considered food safe

So. Little Miss Impatient waited until after work today and it was still a bit 'sticky'. So I popped it into the fridge while I was having dinner, and about an hour later i took the silicone mat off. It looks pretty but i'm a bit disappointed you can't see the contrast in colours. I poured uncoloured batter into the pattern to fill the raised pieces, then coloured the rest and filled the mould. You can see in the pics of the edges where the contrast is, but in the main pic, it all looks the same colour.
View attachment 36990 View attachment 36991 View attachment 36992

I think it’s elegant and beautiful. Maybe not as dramatic as you were envisioning, but really lovely nonetheless.

Does anyone else here not gel? I don't anymore. I soap at 85 degrees F, and pop it straight into the freezer for 24 hours. So easy, and I love the soft pastel colours it produces and that I'm sure the fragrance is stronger and lasts better then the insulation method.
This is my latest made with almond milk, orange colouring and fragrance. I make lots of milk soaps including goat, almond and coconut.
I don’t gel either but I just got a real red mica from nurture soaps and in order to get real red you apparently have to gel.

Back