What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to reorganize bins and boxes.

20180818_191726[1].jpg

Then 2 female neighbors started to Cuss and yell at each other so I tripped over them to go look and listen out the front window.
ROFL

I made my challenge soap, and I made a 6x6 candle, with a most amazing beautiful FO mix. I can't wait to use it in soap. It's Mango Papaya, Coconut Banana Blast, and Lemon Colada. OMG I can't wait to unmold my candle, cure it and burn it.
Oh my that sounds delicious!

Just put a batch of HP orange blossom soap in the incubator. First time using shea, and SFatting after cook. I wonder if this batch is “The One” and if I reach soaping nirvana will I quit since it will no longer be a challenge...

Just put a batch of HP orange blossom soap in the incubator. First time using shea, and SFatting after cook. I wonder if this batch is “The One” and if I reach soaping nirvana will I quit since it will no longer be a challenge...
Ummm no. I found my perfect recipe (for me) but then i kept seeing other things like salt bars, brine soap, coffee soap.. truly, it just goes on forever, this chase lol

I made my Utah Salt Flats soap last night, rather late, and was going to stay awake long enough to cut before it got too hard. But when the alarm went off at 6 am, I still hadn't cut them. I cut them right away and they were still a bit warm, but hard enough that I got a bit of crumbliness around the cut edges. Since I expected that, I cut the mini-slab into 4 large rectangular bars instead of 6 square bars to minimize the opportunities for crumbling. It wasn't too bad. And it was only a test anyway.

When I get back home, I'll take some photos since I haven't done so yet. I am considering stopping off at the salt flats on my way through Salt Lake City again tomorrow or a little beyond on the edge of the Great Salt Lake and gather more Utah salt.

I liked the feel of the salt I used from the Salt Flats, but of course, I have yet to get a feel for it in soap. BTW, I weighed the salt, then like a ninny, did not write down the exact weight, so don't have a specific percentage, which is a bit of a bummer.

I also dropped off a bunch more soaps for my son, right before I left for my trip home. I told him to share with his friends as he wishes.

Last edited:
Ooo the honey suckle looks yummy.

I made what I hope to be soap de teeth. It is more like a remelt with a few additives as an experiment.

Today at 9am est I have my alarm set because I HAVE to do soapy things.

i Need to find the Fall craft fairs and get this all set up. I have a Winter FM that I can pick 2 weekends a month so I have to pick carefully. So far I only have 1 day that there is a Fair in my town right before T-Day.

Latest posts

Back