What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Measured out the last of my olive oil pomace and trying to decide what to make. I am getting low on supplies so this may be my last batch for a while till I can re-stock.

I am thinking I will do a lavender mint, but the ginger lime from BB is calling to me. Oh the woes of a soaper... :rolleyes:

Made some "warm vanilla Sugar" salt bars. If you need a great fragrance this is the one!!!! Soaps beautifully. It's a soft sugary vanilla that's sexy and not the bakery type vanilla. It is dead ringer for bath&body works. I got it fromThe Candle Maker Store and its skin safe and soaps beautifully! I can't wait to cut in a couple hours!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410648317.026158.jpg

Cleaned the tallow, again, I got from the butcher so I can make my fifth batch tomorrow...a rose clay tallow soap that's a tilted hanger swirl, with a big time discoloring fragrance. I tried to incorporate the fo color into the entire scheme. We shall see if I can pull it off tomorrow :?

After a comedy of errors today I made 4 batches of soap. 2 Patchouli, Bite Me and Lilac. Whew....today was quite the day. All cleaned, up now off to make some lip balms and some Pumpkin cupcake soaps. I have my weekly farmers market tomorrow. No rest for the wicked.,

I infused nearly a quart of olive oil in a pound of frankincense.

And I melted 20 plus pounds of Shea because the texture was really weird.

Salt batch cut! I was taking a chance as it was still very soft, but I didn't want crumbled bars. I cut them taking the sides off of the mold oh so carefully, but did not remove the base. I am not moving them off the base of the mold but going to let them get harder in a larger 6lb wood mold I have. Hopefully they will pull away from each other nicely without issue. My sweet husband bought me sea salt today, but bought the large coarse kind, so I ground up the salt to a powder form. It should be interesting if this changes anything. I will let you know!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410656086.382887.jpg

Last edited:
Cut one loaf, washed all yesterday's dishes up, boiled some beer for tomorrow's beer soaps and laid around and watched movies the rest of the day. Good day!

Unmolded the soap I made yesterday; coffee kitchen soap, a double batch of high bush cranberry, and the honey & oats that I had to rebatch due to inadequate mixing (I think). Then I made 2 batches of pumpkin pie with a piped whipped cream looking top, and tried my hand at a hp shaving soap with 80% KOH and 20% NaOH. The shaving soap looks good so far, I'm curious as to how much it will harden.
Now I need to get off the couch and go cut everything I've unmolded.

I was able to get 3 batches done this week. L-R: Macintosh Apple (from AH/RE); Kai Halulu (a discontinued FO from Daystar); and Bayberry (from Peak's):

IMG_2427CroppedResisizedAppleKaiBatberry2640.JPG

The middle soap is my interpretation of Soaping 101's pencil line soap, and my favorite of the 3. Every time I look at it, I can hardly believe I soaped something so beautiful. I had the dickens of a time soaping it, too. My batter got as thick as mashed potatoes about half-way through and I was very apprehensive when it came time to unmold it. I was almost positive I'd find a catastrophe waiting for me, but thankfully that wasn't the case . Although it has little air pockets here and there because of how uber thick the batter became, I am over the moon with joy at how well it turned out.

They all smell awesome!

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
Forgive me for goin off topic here but IrishLass, those are gorgeous! I have been wanting to try that particular color scheme pencil line, you did a fantastic job and get extra kudos for making it so perfect WITH misbehaving batter! And your red swirl is lovely, perfect shade of red and I like that you have hearts in your swirl.

Well, I got 8 logs cut and put away, and then delved into making shampoo. Surfactant based, not cp bar. Looks good so far, truth comes in the morning. Ohh I can test my new shaving cream/soap too, aaand, I have a tall grass (I think) solesief ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410688982.068614.jpgthat I want to try...I gave it 2 months just can't wait any longer. Yahoo! 3 new products to test in the morning shower

Made a Christmas soap. Mulled wine in with the water, a bit of red colouring and a Christmas Spice FO. It's the most wonderful time of the year, but with the salt bars also resting here, our house is giving me a headache!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410694328.692882.jpg

I forgot the sodium lactate, so it was not overly easy to mould up. Remember kids - use SL!

On Friday I cut the soap I took out of the molds last weekend. (That delay is because of how this past week went at work. Had a 12 hour day and a 13 hour day along with the 3 "normal" ones.) Took sample bits to the eventual buyer on Saturday as she wanted to see it- and she approves. She is chomping at the bit over waiting 4 more weeks! Gotta get busy and decide how to wrap these 2 kinds. They are coffee soap going to the coffee shop.

I rendered 3.5lbs of fat into lard, and am now diluting my first batch of LS! now researching what scent to make. thinking something piney and pepperminty for Christmas....

I am working on soaps to give out for Christmas to my family and friends. I am a total newbie. about 6 am I used my new PVC mold and made a soap colored with tomato paste and activated charcoal. It was an experiment. I like to experiment. Can not wait until I can see how it really turns out. Later today I am going to work on another batch using clays for color and try an new method other than in the pot swirl and tilted tiger stripe. Although it is possible it turns into an in the pot anyway LOL

I have some grey and white soap in a box pipe to make moons for my werewolf soap.

Also trying my first round of laundry soap.

I made a batch of trick or treat soap yesterday and am not happy with it so I put it in the oven to gel it to see if that helps. I'm a little worried I may find out there is lye that wasn't dissolved once I cut into it, grrr.

I also bought some bat molds this morning.

Latest posts

Back