What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am asking what BRV and ITP (taiwan...peacock?) mean?!? Lol I need to make a new abbreviation list too!:)

Last night I ordered a KD8000 with adapter, this bamboo organizer box set to be used for molds and some AC on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006MON3XE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I needed a small mold to test recipes and swirling and hoping the smaller two will fit the bill. The largest would hold 5 pounds of soap but allow more swirling than my 5lb log mold. Really hoping these would hold up to soaping.
The KD8000 is to replace my WW kitchen scale with a small 3kilo capacity and not very accurate in weighing small amounts like under 5 grams. Amazon had the best price on AC and I need to make B&W soaps so badly :).

BRV- Black Raspberry Vanilla, ITP/S- In The Pot Swirl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave wings to my money:). After shopping Amazon the day before, I ordered my self some regular palm oil and some other (new to me) soaping oils and butters. Also finished purchasing the funnel pitchers and some freezer paper, thanks Gigi! The total for 6 pitchers, 2 large packs of freezer paper and shipping came to 33$, good deal! Looked through newbie's picture thread for color inspiration for my next batch. Signed up for this month's challenge. Might actually make some 100% CO laundry soap later today.

I ordered some Honey Bunny fragrance oil and gold mica from NG for an upcoming batch of soap. I just got cast in a staging of Winnie the Pooh, and I think I might make soaps as cast gifts. I really, really wanted to soap this weekend, but I mix my lye outdoors and we've got a bit of rain happening for the next few days.

I ordered some Honey Bunny fragrance oil and gold mica from NG for an upcoming batch of soap. I just got cast in a staging of Winnie the Pooh, and I think I might make soaps as cast gifts. I really, really wanted to soap this weekend, but I mix my lye outdoors and we've got a bit of rain happening for the next few days.

Congratulations on being cast - that's exciting!

I ordered my coconut oil (meant to order 1 gallon from amazon, ended up with 5 gallons) Shea butter, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, clays, essential oils, lye, and some others because I get to stay home for a few weeks thanks to my latest project that took me 9.5 months to complete. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1443812116.324964.jpg he had to stay in the hospital for a week after but is home now!!!

An IV cath up there, ugh! the skills of nurses these days just amaze me.
Congrats on the cute bundle! Hope you have a great journey together.

Researching salt bars because a lady at work asked me if I could make a dupe of Posh's Classic Snarky Bar. She uses it for shaving because it's exfoliating, so I think a salt bar is the right direction to go with it. I should note at this time that I still have not tried Shunt's salt bars (I have two sitting on my shelf... sigh. Too many other bars of soap in my shower, the bf and kids threatened to kick me out of the house if I add even one more bar in there before using up anything else.) Also researching recipes for practicing swirling as my go to soap recipe traces way too fast for good swirls. I barely accomplished an ITP swirl last week - I thought I would have globs of color when I cut the loaf, but it turned out great!

I made my first FO blend today! NG's Cranberry/Mistletoe & Ivy 3:1. Smells pretty great from what I can tell through my allergy-stuffy nose.

Attempted a Clyde slide ITP swirl.... it went sorta ok LOL.... yet again I think I SB too friggin long, so it thickened up on me and wasn't as fluid as it needed to be to create the pretty thin swirlies. Ah well, it smells good and the colors are pretty, so we will see once it sets up ::::fingers crossed:::::

So work is still keeping me super-busy, and next week got added on to it! *flop* Buuuuuuuuuut today I got one of those three-tier plastic shelving units and put all of my EOs & FOs into it, along with some other stuff (colorants, butters, etc). That meant I could get rid of a bunch of boxes & shipping material that they had been sitting in since I got them!

It's a lot more productive than I normally am after a full day of work.

Back