What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made faux sea water to try making ZNSC recipe soon. Although, technically it should probably be labeled as ZNSB (Bastille) since I plan on using a little bit of coconut and castor that is listed as an option in the original thread. The question is to swirl or not to swirl because I'm not sure how fast it will move with salt water in it.
Hi 👋
I just made it the other day, I added 10%coconut and 5% castor oil. I didn't find the salt water accelerated that much. I made it unscented, not sure if EO or FO you're using.
You should be fine if you don't let it reach a thick trace and be prepared 😉

I'm sad to say my soapy thing today is packing up all my soap stuff to put it all away until after Christmas 🎄 I need to make room for my Christmas tree and I will be to busy to make soap now until Christmas is over. Also I have been 🏷 labeling all my soap since yesterday got half done.
20221213_140115.jpg

I've got a laundry list of soapy things to do today and here I am under the blanket in bed! Get up, dude! 🤣

I did, at least, cut a batch of scrap soap that was made using some bars that... suffice to say got a little beat up. We'll use those around the house because they are far too ugly to go anywhere else LOL.

And I got started on another batch of MP soap for my shop. Just waiting for the layer to set up before I go pour more. This is my 14th batch of soap in the last 4 weeks, so I am exhausted.

What I need to do is go package and label some soaps. It's my least favorite part 😩

I made faux sea water to try making ZNSC recipe soon. Although, technically it should probably be labeled as ZNSB (Bastille) since I plan on using a little bit of coconut and castor that is listed as an option in the original thread. The question is to swirl or not to swirl because I'm not sure how fast it will move with salt water in it.
That's the exact recipe I use, and I could totally swirl mine - but I don't because it looks so pretty plain ( it's one of the few plain soaps i make)

Finally done my labeling done wow I feel like I just came up for air that was alot of ingredients to go through. I might label as I go next time in stead of leaving it all till the end 😆 lol. Having fun now packing it up haha!

Attachments

• 20221215_134603.jpg
    20221215_134603.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221215_134703.jpg
    20221215_134703.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I'm practicing lining a log mold with wax paper and parchment paper to see which one is easier. I'm itching to make log soap that I can learn to hand cut to the point I think I'm not even going to wait for my silicone mold to arrive. I just modified an empty graham cracker box when I realized the dimensions will make the exact same size bars. You know you're addicted when you start measuring every box in the house. 🤣

I'm practicing lining a log mold with wax paper and parchment paper to see which one is easier. I'm itching to make log soap that I can learn to hand cut to the point I think I'm not even going to wait for my silicone mold to arrive. I just modified an empty graham cracker box when I realized the dimensions will make the exact same size bars. You know you're addicted when you start measuring every box in the house. 🤣
Lol that's funny 😄 nice can't wait to see them if you post it!

I had a fun “Soap Boutique” in my office yesterday for my team of wonderful ladies. I put on holiday music, played a Hallmark Yule log with animals on my computer (cute! Look it up) had Sparkling Blush Apple Cider and Hot Cocoa, and homemade shortbread cookies with chocolate drizzle for treats.
They all got 1 bar I specifically made for gifting to them, and then got to take turns picking 4 more soaps, and 1 sugar scrub.
It was super fun to let them see, smell and pick what they liked (and have been hearing about for months!).
I packed up their orders in little gifts bags and thanked them for “shopping” at my “boutique” lol.
I loved hearing their comments, oohs and ahhs, and just having fun together with my soaps.
What a blast!! Here’s a picture of my soap display. 🌸

Attachments

• C232F261-48EE-4514-BC25-95551F6C3B54.jpeg
    C232F261-48EE-4514-BC25-95551F6C3B54.jpeg
    645.3 KB · Views: 0
I had a fun “Soap Boutique” in my office yesterday for my team of wonderful ladies. I put on holiday music, played a Hallmark Yule log with animals on my computer (cute! Look it up) had Sparkling Blush Apple Cider and Hot Cocoa, and homemade shortbread cookies with chocolate drizzle for treats.
They all got 1 bar I specifically made for gifting to them, and then got to take turns picking 4 more soaps, and 1 sugar scrub.
It was super fun to let them see, smell and pick what they liked (and have been hearing about for months!).
I packed up their orders in little gifts bags and thanked them for “shopping” at my “boutique” lol.
I loved hearing their comments, oohs and ahhs, and just having fun together with my soaps.
What a blast!! Here’s a picture of my soap display. 🌸
That looks amazing it must of bin so fun!🤩

Yesterday I brought a box of various soaps to work. Only shrink wrapped, no fancy packaging or labeling. I make so much more soap than i could ever use, and I don’t sell, so I thought I’d see if anyone else wanted to try it! I didn’t know if people would think it was weird or what, but they seemed to like it! I think my favorite reaction was from my boss, who has two little girls at home. He grabbed the clear glittery unicorn soaps and said they’d be stocking stuffers. ❤️ I’d actually had him in mind when I chose those soaps to put in the box, so it made me so happy!

20221216_154045.jpg

Here it is in all it's rustic glory before I poured soap into the molds. Yes, that is two halves of a graham cracker box lined with parchment paper and then stabilized with styrofoam and some old dish towels all inside a shoe box. We'll see how well it works when I open it up tomorrow.

Update: Here's how this morning went at 12 hrs after the pour.

20221217_071710.jpg

20221217_073915.jpg

20221217_085506.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 70069

Here it is in all it's rustic glory before I poured soap into the molds. Yes, that is two halves of a graham cracker box lined with parchment paper and then stabilized with styrofoam and some old dish towels all inside a shoe box. We'll see how well it works when I open it up tomorrow.

View attachment 70092
View attachment 70093
View attachment 70094
That soap looks beautiful, so natural and like you said, rustic. I love it. And look at those creamy bubbles, so nice.

@Servant4Christ those bubbles are amazing. Do you have soft water? Even with hard water, I get nice bubbles when I make ZNSB, but not like that.
We have public water which is somewhat hard, but nothing compared to how hard it was when we used well water before the public water came through. I am truly shocked that I can actually get bubbles with so little coconut! I didn't know it was even possible. I think I'm going to attempt my first swirl with this recipe just because it's the slowest moving recipe I've tried and currently have all the ingredients for.

Yesterday I brought a box of various soaps to work. Only shrink wrapped, no fancy packaging or labeling. I make so much more soap than i could ever use, and I don’t sell, so I thought I’d see if anyone else wanted to try it! I didn’t know if people would think it was weird or what, but they seemed to like it! I think my favorite reaction was from my boss, who has two little girls at home. He grabbed the clear glittery unicorn soaps and said they’d be stocking stuffers. ❤️ I’d actually had him in mind when I chose those soaps to put in the box, so it made me so happy!
Great idea!
View attachment 70069

View attachment 70092
View attachment 70093
View attachment 70094
Really lovely soap!

I made $92 today! My friend asked to shop in my basement this morning. I give soap out free to my friends but charge them if they buy in bulk for their own gift giving.
I'm also labeling and wrapping like crazy to get stuff off to the post office. How can Christmas be only 8 days away!!

After a lot of delays this month, I finally got most of my boxes packed up today. I send soap to family all over the country and Monday is the deadline for priority mail (fingers crossed). I‘ve almost convinced myself that making B&B additions will be too ambitious this year, but I haven’t sealed the boxes yet because there’s always tomorrow 😂. Luckily, I had time to wrap most of the soap right after Thanksgiving. It sure is a slow, fiddly process. I thought I was making life easier by putting most of the soap in boxes this year, but then I printed my labels on solid sheets of label paper that I cut with a paper cutter. I may have saved a tiny tree branch, but peeling the labels off the backing was kitten love annoying.

@Servant4Christ thanks for the reply. That’s darn nice lather for hard water. We live on the edge of a salt marsh in the last house on the road with a functional freshwater well. Our water softener does a good job removing iron, but it’s no match for the TDS. As a result, my big lather experiences are limited to when I visit family or stay in a hotel. I have a lot of lather envy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back