What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured out what EO blend I'm going to use in the batch I'm making tomorrow.
Also helped a friend get ready to make her first batch! She's doing it as we speak!

Mixed an EO blend I have been toying with. I will probably soap it tomorrow.

Got my new mold from BB thanks to the post about the sale this week, also got a nice sample of tabacco and bay leaf - yum!

Made a pretty extensive excel spreadsheet on all the FO and EO's I want so I can narrow it down. Getting a hefty commission check next month so I will be stocking up. :D

Just made soap with makgeolli (Korean rice wine) earlier today. I add activated carbon and green natural tea polyphenols tablet as colorants. There's peppermint EO in it too. It traced so quickly, hopefully the swirls was okay. The smell of the makgeolli was still strong, I wonder if it will dissipate as it cured.

Will post pic if it turn out okay.

I made ANOTHER mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also packaged up my laundry soap, master batched some oils and some lye (that was the disasterous caustic mess). Rather than tempt fate after that hell fire insanity I just shut it down!

May two batches of shaving soap and 15 sets of 4 bath tub paints. Also made aftershave gel and toner gel. This was all yesterday. Today, 4 batches soap after work. Getting stocked and ready for the show and market season.

Made my first purchase of EO's. I ordered from New Directions as they seem to be a popular and reputable supplier. My next batch will be my first ever scented soap. Very excited to make a scented loaf of goat milk soap!

Due to arrive;
Lavender 40/42
Rosemary (Spanish)
Peppermint (Japan)
Lemongrass
Sweet Orange
Cedarwood (Atlas)
Litsea Cubeba

I've been reading all the blending threads and the EO's listed above fit the profiles I like and will offer many blending opportunities. I hope!

Snagged this little beauty from the local thrift store. It's 10x10x3 deep. $2.
Lining will be a challenge but I'm up for it.

I made a few new soap fo's yesterday along with 2 more batches of Dragon's Blood. Today I made 2 batches of Lavender and still debating on what else I am going to do today. My new fo's are Lettuce, Black Amber Lavender, Tobacco & Bay Leaf (from B&B) and Summer Sorbet from Soapsupplies.net. Now I am debating if I am going to make another batch of Summer Sorbet or another new one from Soap Supplies.net called Fruitopia and I just might pour another Dragon's Blood. Really need to get me a 25lb mold so I can just pour 1 batch of DB at a time...

3 more soap cakes to go. they are so fun to make! i wish i can do this more often.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1396888940.092929.jpg

some that are done.. pls excuse the nasty tablecloth..

Seven, that is awesome!!! I keep saying I'm going to give it a go but haven't gotten around to it. Though I do make cupcakes and Ice Cream Cones. I made 4 batch of soap and 2 batchs of shaving soap yesterday. Bay Rum and BRV soaps. I am officially out of BRV and see that Peak is OOS. Bummer.....d Also make a facial bar with charcoal, tea tree and orange.

Placed my FO order at Daystar and WSP - on their way:

Daystar:
Milk Sugar Kisses
Liquid Crack
Toffee Crunch
Salty Sailor
Blooming Violets
Paradise
Wild Honeysuckle Blossoms

WSP:
more Pink Grapefruit (cause I'm seriously addicted)
Sandalwood Vanilla
Fresh Cut Roses
Coconut Lime Verbena
Clove
Exotic Coconut
Citrus Cilantro

I loved everyone's reviews on these so thanks for the motivation to spend lots of money! :)

Also blended my lavender herb and rosemary peppermint EO's for a few batches while I wait for the above to come in.

followed up with my NDA order, planned my OHM soap (been on the "to soap list" for a while), and made it! watching it gel now..... and of course, planning on future soaps with my NDA order.

oh, here's what I ordered (all EOs)

Aniseed
Blood Orange
Basil Sweet
Cedarwood Virginian
Cinnamon Leaf
Grapefruit White
Juniper Berry India
Lavender 40/42
Lemongrass
Orange Sweet
Pine Long Leaf
Patchouli Dark
Rosemary Spanish

Well im in the testing phase of my self tanning spray and I woke up this morning with my leg the color of a carrot so I did some readjusting of my formula today and added blueberry to my carrot mixture to tone the orange down into a more brown color lol. Hopefully my other leg turns out better because im running out of non visible body parts! May the tanning gods bless my poor legs haha. Oh and I also stressed out over my stupid bubble bath recipe because it wont do what I want it to. Had to put it away so I could come back to it when im less mad at it.

Well I was all ready to make a soap with one of my eo blends I mixed over the weekend but after my attempts to make dinner ended in a series of unfortunate events I decided not to tempt fate. Maybe tomorrow will be better and the kitchen gremlins will be gone.

Made a batch with fresh ginger and ginger EO, colored with yellow clay. Second batch this week, and there's another I have to make tomorrow. I'm on a roll!

Latest posts

Back