What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought some new molds that come with dividers. no more flimsy cardboards, yay! can't wait for them to arrive, am itching to try a new technique.

on the other hand, the party favor project is down to last 2 batches. after this, comes the long process of beveling, tidying up, labelling, and wrapping. thank god i have a supportive mother who's willing to help with it (bless her heart).

Been stalking various websites today planning my next order(s)... I need to start some summer scents and people are bugging to buy soap (even though I'm not officially selling yet!).

There is so much I want!!! Ugh!

Made the whipped easter egg soap for my nieces! :D I ended up with 15 and a partial eggs. The partial egg is going to be my tester before I give it to my nieces. It's definitely an interesting process, making whipped soap. :D And I needed bigger holes than what I had on some of these eggs. I might try whipped soap again, only I'd combine the hard oils together before whipping them.

Also need to make my zombie eggs tonight. Need to gather everything together for that, finish working on those molds (I had only prepared half of my egg molds). I found my jello egg mold, so will be cleaning and prepping that as a last-case I-have-way-too-much-batter mold. Mineral oil will wash off if I end up not needing it. :)

Though today confirmed that long sleeves are just as dangerous to me as short when working with soap--I'm just way to prone to getting gunk (like caustic soap batter!) on the sleeve hems. Even if I tuck the sleeves into my gloves, they just work their way out. Today I got some batter on my sleeve, that then got UNDERNEATH my glove. Ouch.

I made a .................... mess! :lolno:

PICS!!! The crowd is fired up today. Looks like it's your turn.

pitchforks and torches.jpg

Cut my miserable attempt at at dandelion swirl today. Not as bad as I thought it would be but still nowhere close to meeting expectations. Stupid chamomile FO accelerated on me big time . . . guess that's what I get for trying a new technique and new FO at the same time.

IMG_0600.jpg

Cut my miserable attempt at at dandelion swirl today. Not as bad as I thought it would be but still nowhere close to meeting expectations. Stupid chamomile FO accelerated on me big time . . . guess that's what I get for trying a new technique and new FO at the same time.

Not bad at all. Just change the name to Cinnamon Roll.
At least you took a picture and posted it UNLIKE SOME WHO JUST PROMISE. :p

Eyeroll- yes it's BB Sensuous Sandalwood. I find it more woody than perfumey. I like it a lot, I haven't tried any of the other sandalwood s though.

I started a soapmaking notebook! I wrote down my plans for a peppermint mocha soap and am about to write down my soapy blueprints for a beer soap. SUPER excited to make beer soap for the first time, I've never used a water replacement before.

Sunaelurus, is that the BB sensuous sandalwood you used? How do like it? And how would you describe it - more woody or perfumy? (Still on my quest for the perfect sandalwood that I won't have to take out a second mortgage to afford.)

I would recommend trying a test batch with it. I tried a batch and found the scent faded quite badly in cp. I soaped it at 6%. But I have customers that like pretty heavy scent. It does smell fantastic in lotions

My soapie thing tonight was going to market and selling soap. Well it sucked as it usually does these days at market. The farmer markets here are not great for any vendors. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

I think this soap is beautiful! It looks like fruit salad with cantaloupe and kiwi and watermelon and strawberries and whipped cream and stuff, all nice and bright and summery and sweet!
61.jpg

The only soapy thing I've done since the pollen started drifting around is look at pics and write down ideas, as I'm too "bleh" from antihistamines and wheezy-ness to get up and do stuff. I did reorganize my scents though.

I made a small batch with Baby Bee Buttermilk FO and spilled my buttermilk.:( I had to use just regular milk which I have never done before. I also made a small batch with Moonlight Pomegranate FO. I need to use up some of the FO samples I have accumulated.

Today I bought 5 stick blenders for $20 and a brand new in the box crockpot 6 qt for $12!!! Yee Haaaa

wowza! that is awesome steal! i am seriously green with envy with your haul!

made a pumpkin yoghurt soap yesterday, and a rebatch.. coz the **** thing separated on me since i was too paranoid the batter will get too thick.
on the other hand, some stupid chick threw away my homemade acv w/o even asking. she thought it was some kind of juice gone bad, doh! i feel like killing her! there goes my 5 months of patiently waiting for those **** apples!

Made an Avocado & Aloe Soap swirled with Australian Olive Clay, it is in the freezer now and just took out my Just Oatmeal Soap made with oat water and banana puree and brown swirls made from Australian pink and olive clays. LOL, bet I have said this before, "I love these clays"! Both batches are unfragranced

Latest posts

Back