What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I MADE SOAP!! TA-DA!! My intention was to make Spring Clean soap which I've been craving. However, my inventory was working against me. I not only ran out of lye but also rosemary. Darn it! As luck would have it, I stumbled upon my homey's, @Tara_H , entry in this month's challenge. She was a peach and shared her eo blend recipe. I needed 17 grams of rosemary and what did I have?! 17 grams! Hurray! Everything is tucked in and gellin' for the night.

Cut my Rose soap. Had to cut them thinner than I would have liked because muggins here didn’t think to measure where to put the roses. I usually get 11 bars out of this mold, but this time I got 12 (one with no rose because I only made 11!)
7440FCE9-200E-4B3A-81C5-6B2872422A9B.jpeg48216834-2672-44F1-B507-BE5A02CB8BEC.jpeg

Soapsquatch?! 🤣😆😂
He had a hole in his crotch down the length of the loaf. I took some pieces of end slices and speckled as I cut. It would have been MUCH worse if I hadn’t had the hubs help me by using the pipette under the arms.
LOL - @TashaBird - I just read the headline on the newspaper in your middle photo!

Confetti soap seems to be The Hot **** right now, and I don't want to miss the party!
indigo_confetti.jpg
Turns out that 4 parts of new soap batter per 7 parts of diced up solid soap is just enough to barely cover up everything, after some (more or less gentle) tapping/rattling. Super excited how this comes out!
I had planned this anyway to make something out of my heap of indigo survey cubes. More on this over there when it's due time for unmoulding.

Cut my Rose soap. Had to cut them thinner than I would have liked because muggins here didn’t think to measure where to put the roses. I usually get 11 bars out of this mold, but this time I got 12 (one with no rose because I only made 11!)
View attachment 58905View attachment 58906
Ohh, these lovely glycerin rivers!

In semi-soapy news, my alkanet plants have started germinating :)
It's been galling me to buy the dried powdered form online when we have the perfect growing conditions here (and a dehydrator and spice grinder, because I clearly have a gadget problem).
I'm hoping it will naturalize in our garden over time and I'll have a ready source of natural purple dye 🤞

IMG_20210627_153201.jpg

Back