What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this. so much.

My soapy thing has been daydreaming garden designs for the challenge. Hopefully I get some time to sit and plan it out over the weekend and can make it next week... although we're heading into a heat wave which makes me inclined to not want to be in the soap dungeon. I'm usually fine to make B&B down there in the summer months as if I get too hot I can walk away from B&B. Not the case with soap though. I told hubby I may clean a space in his workshop (for some reason even on the hottest days the workshop stays very cool, I suspect the way it was made that it was originally a summer kitchen) to do some soapmaking this summer. He told me if I clean off some of his workspace, don't be surprised if he uses it too. His workshop is a disaster, organizing does not come naturally to him, lol.

I spent much of this week restocking B&B for the historical festival this weekend. We're supposed to have temps up to (or into) the 100's so I'm hoping that doesn't deter folks from the festival, although in the info sent out the festival did say they tripled the amount of camping spaces from past years and are expecting 20k. Also hoping I don't die from the heat...
I saw that record high temps may be hitting the northeast this weekend. I'm in central Texas and right now it's 73 degrees! We've been getting rain almost daily for a couple of weeks and it looks like that will continue about another week so it's keeping us much cooler than normal. Wear light colored clothes and plenty of sunscreen.

So still playing with my WildPlatanica router. I’ve routed the 7 batches I have curing and I’m loving it! I want to try out my new pull though plates... so I had to get some quart carton.
Which lead me to planning to make a bunch of ice cream for my kids to empty said cartons... which lead me to making homemade chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup and also lactose free ice cream for one kid and ordering a replacement ice bowl for my kitchen aide ice cream maker... I swear I don’t mean to be so high maintenance, but seriously I just want to make soap!
View attachment 58168View attachment 58169
ETA: it is getting harder and harder to ignore the June Challenge post...🧐🤔🤨
I think we are related! Strained lavender infused olive oil, made helichrysum hydrosol for soap and skin cream heading outside to clean up the soap kitchen—-must make blackberry ice cream since there aren’t enough for jam….wait! June Challenge? I’m off to look that up!

….wait! June Challenge? I’m off to look that up!

Click on the link at the top of the page.
1622825843689.png

One step closer! Mint chocolate chip and cookies & cream ice cream in freezer. And I put my boys into building a support for my milk cartons! I’m almost ready to go!!!
View attachment 58194View attachment 58195
I saw someone on YouTube do this, she had her son make it for her but then she put it in the oven to CPOP! She did promise to buy him a new LEGO set though.

I saw someone on YouTube do this, she had her son make it for her but then she put it in the oven to CPOP! She did promise to buy him a new LEGO set though.
That’s were I got the idea from! I won’t put it in the oven. My garage is hot enough during the day to gel soap! But considering these legos have been in the closet for the last 3 years collecting dust I’m not too worried about replacing them!

@KiwiMoose It's just stunning how the swirls continue into the depth of the bars. Fell in love with that top-right-most bar! 😍 I bet they'll look marvellous in any ovoid shape from usage.
And your legendary glycerin rivers struck again!

Every time I make soap, it feels as though I haven't soaped in ages. In reality, it's only been a week. Right now, I'm in the process of making a batch of Lemon Poppyseed soap, which has become one of my best sellers. I'll be making at least one more batch today, possibly two if I can decide with ones to make.

It feels good to be producing again, yanno?

Back