What scale are you using these days?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbuska

Reaction score
I bought a nice jewelers scale when I first started but I'm finding it doesn't work well if i'm making large batches.

What do you use when making 20 - 60 bars at a time? ie. ~300 oz of soap.

BTW. Hello again to my old friends!

Myself and lots of other soapers use either the KD-7000 or the KD-8000 model. I personally have the KD-8000. Works wonderfully, and with an 8000 gram / 17 pound capacity, I can measure my oils for my 5lb batches directly into my crock pot (for my HP) or work on master batches, and I love that I can turn off the auto-shutoff. I have a scale like what Nevada posted, and when using anything bigger than the scale's plate itself, I have a very hard time being able to see to read the numbers. Plus, I'm not sure the EatSmart scale gives you the option to turn off the auto-shutoff.

ETA link to KD-8000 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NE0FU2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the KD-7000 myself. I am enjoying it so far, and I love the plate over the front to protect it! (I am not messy or anything)

Myself and lots of other soapers use either the KD-7000 or the KD-8000 model. I personally have the KD-8000. Works wonderfully, and with an 8000 gram / 17 pound capacity, I can measure my oils for my 5lb batches directly into my crock pot (for my HP) or work on master batches, and I love that I can turn off the auto-shutoff. I have a scale like what Nevada posted, and when using anything bigger than the scale's plate itself, I have a very hard time being able to see to read the numbers. Plus, I'm not sure the EatSmart scale gives you the option to turn off the auto-shutoff.

ETA link to KD-8000 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NE0FU2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Vanessa, this scale says it has a lbs/oz option. Does it really show the weight in pounds and ounces at the same time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased a KD-8000, should be here early next week! YAY!

Cheers,
Ken

Latest posts

Back