What pour are those multi-split cups for?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've made so little soap in the past 2 years - only about 60 bars, I have lots of supplies to use up. Had to buy fresh lye and that little multi-section cup showed up so I bought one. Now....what the heck am I supposed to do with it? And wow...along with some fresh ho safflower oil I had to fork over 50 dollars to use up these supplies....that's just not right!:lol:

I don't have one of the split cups, but it will give the effect of a kiss pour when using only one cup to pour. You could also use it for a column pour. I don't know how a wall pour would actually turn out, but I think it would be interesting to see, using a different color in each section or alternating two colors in the sections.

@Jersey Girl I don't know the best way to clean it, but I'd probably try to scrape/wipe it out as best I could and then let it soak in soapy water for awhile, and use a bottle brush to wash it.

I don't have one either, but I'd do what dibbles suggests. Scrape out as much as possible with a spatula, let it sit a few days for any remaining soap to solidify, then run very hot tap water in & let that soak, then run more water to rinse as needed. Same as I do with any other soap making vessel. Some are harder to clean than others, and this one looks a bit on the fussy side, but if someone gave me one, I'd sure use it. Not sure about the paying the price that they are at right now. Maybe if/when the price comes down, I'll consider such a purchase.

When doing a wall pour with one of them, I was able to get thin lines throughout the soap, at the right speed/amount of pouring. You can watch the pour here. You want to rinse them pretty fast (scraping them is a bit tricky, but I use a tall and skinny spatula with fair results). When I did not scrape and rinse them right away, I had to leave mine to soak water for a while (I had printed with with ABS filament, so I knew it would put up with that, with PLA I try not to do that too much). If you look up acrylic pour techniques, similar results can be achieved with soap instead if at the right consistency (fluid but at light trace).

Latest posts

Back