What other hobbies and homemade goodies do you make?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alwaysme07

Reaction score
For me I knit, crochet, bake breads, made some cheese, wine and beer and of course soaps. Just wondering what other interesting hobbies are out there.

We cured 20 lbs of olives last year, will be out by this fall, so will definitely do that again. Roast our own coffee with a Frankenstein roaster that can roast over a pound at a time. Need to get back into beer brewing. I use my dehydrator a couple times a week, and just started canning. Love to cure meats. I have this odd prairie woman obsession...

I grow edible mushrooms, I make bentwood rings, I do canning, I cook, I bake, I do wood burning though I'm not very good, I make awesome walking sticks, I can build a computer and of course I make soap. You could try bentwood rings or mushrooms growing both are fun.

I knit, crochet, cook, bake, can jams/jellies, make basic jewelry, read & write fanfiction, meet with my friends weekly for tabletop roleplay games... I've also dabbled a bit in spinning, yarn dyeing, and a few other crafts. :D

I scrapbook, sew, dabble in some candle making, cook/bake, sculpt, write and of course, make soap and some other toiletries.

EDIT: Oh, and I knit.

Well, some of them are in my siggy, but...

I love to cook, sew, scrapbook, rubber stamping (greeting cards) knit crochet, make soap, write fiction (hope to be published someday) and I am passionate about pole dancing.

Us soapers are a creative bunch, aren't we?

My main hobby (besides soaping) is sewing. I love sewing for my family and friends. I have amassed quite the collection of sewing supplies with my soaping supplies are starting to get that way as well. My other hobbies are organic gardening, canning and dehydrating along with cooking.

I also want to start making jewelry but don't have time for that between my current hobbies, kids and work.

I am a sometimes cheese and wine maker. I have also started a new hobby, card making. I amazed at some of the wonderful tutorials on card making. Who knew?

I'm in Tae Kwon Do, but I don't think I'll find to many people who want a kick in the head so I don't think that qualifies. Other than that, my hobby is my children.

InNae

My main hobby these days is stitching (needlepoint, counted canvas, hardanger, embroidery, etc.). I also make beaded jewelry, scrapbook, sew, quilt and do a bit of knitting. I want to learn tatting and crocheting and how to make jewelry out of broken china/glassware. And of course soaping and bath and body products. Since I work full time, I obviously need more hours in the day somewhere. And a maid. And a cook.

I make detergents. Ammonia cleaners general purpose cleaner dish washing liquid laundry powder you name it I make it BUT I do not copycat other peoples or brand names formula :crazy: . All by trail and error and I am using seriously dangerous chemicals But my favorite is making old traditional soap from scratch

I grow edible mushrooms, I make bentwood rings, I do canning, I cook, I bake, I do wood burning though I'm not very good, I make awesome walking sticks, I can build a computer and of course I make soap. You could try bentwood rings or mushrooms growing both are fun.

Oh so jealous about the mushrooms! What kind and how do you grow? We tried growing shiitake and portabella. It was sad lol and stinky.

I do professional photography on the side which stems into my personal life, crochet, scrapbooking, hiking, camping.

I like to build things. Furniture, cabinets, tables, chairs, whatever. I also have a weird fascination with lights. I am like the rain women of garden lighting... LOL.

Latest posts

Back