What is your favorite thing about making soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Mine is stirring the soap to trace .I am mesmerized by the transformation for some reason.( have you noticed everything you stir is stirred in a figure 8 now) :wink:

Kitn

I would say what I enjoy most about making soap is giving it away for others to enjoy! :D

Jude

The whole recipe creation process is my favorite. Reading and reading and reading about the different oils and their properties, tinkering with SoapCalc to make what I *think* will be a great recipe, and then making the batch to see how it measures up against my expectations, that's hopelessly addictive.

Even the batches that turned out nothing like what I expected or wanted are invaluable because they teach me and give me a chance to find out what went wrong and how I can avoid it in the future.

Hmmm - how about everything? Each & every time I make soap I am still thrilled with the whole process....I hope that never fades...

I love everything about it! From thinking up ideas for new soaps, to cutting it, to packaging it - I really do love all of it! Cutting it is high up there though - I just can't wait to cut my soap - especially if it's a new recipe! It's like Christmas morning! :D

Cutting has be be the best part. There's something very satisfying and anticipatory about it. I also get bonding time with my daughter when we make soap together. That's always good too. :)

The Creative aspect! LOL, what isn't creative about making soap! I think I like the coloring and deocorating of the soap. The Swirls!

The chemistry involved. Unmolding, though is like Christmas morning. You have some idea of what you "might" be getting, but you just never can tell!!! It also keeps my mind active, good for the cognition. (AKA obsession) 8)

Everything! From dreaming up some new idea, to figuring out the recipe and hoping that it all comes together; to cutting and finally using it for the first time. When it all comes together it's better then Xmas. When it doesn't, I just take that as a lesson learned and figure out what to do better next time.

the whole process

culminating with the cutting....reading reading and more reading. researching the colors, additives, types of oils/butters. ordering the ingredients and waiting for them to arrive! running out to various health food stores to see if they have an odd ingredient.....and yes, the cutting...it's so very very exciting!!

and sharing with everybody in the forum. i luv that too!

I love the way it appeals to all my senses as well as to my scientific side. It's a perfect amalgam of the sensual and the intellectual. It's about how it looks, how it feels on your skin, how it smells, what you put in it and how that might affect the environment. I love every little thing about it from the thinking about a recipe to the technicalities of implementing the idea. I love the look of it as it emulsifies and traces, the anticipation of the cutting, the OCD details of the soap diary, the fun of using something I made out of stuff from the kitchen, the delight of giving it away.

Creating a master piece or at least attempting to. Cutting soap ah yes cutting, so relaxing.

I love being able to make something with my own hands, and then I love to cut it and give it away.

Stacie

I soap when I am all alone in the house. The set up is my favorite part. I act like I am a chef and place the measured amounts of each ingrediant in their own separate bowls. The stick blending is also fun because I have very little patience...I know I'm rewiring new brain cells in my old brain.

i find it very relaxing, kind of hynotic. i'm in my own little world when i am creating. and the finished product is so exciting. it feels good to make something that really makes people feel great.

Favorite

My favorite thing about soapmaking is that I invest about three hours of an afternoon creating a gentle, effective soap from wholesome ingredients that is far superior to anything available in stores and my four pound batches last for months and months! One of my main motivations for starting soapmaking is aromatherapy and I love that aspect too. I love to see peoples smiles and positive reactions when they smell my soaps.

x

soaping, to me, is the world's best therapy! no matter how bad my day has been or whatever is aggravating me, as soon as i pull out my scales my blood pressure drops about 20 points!

it is almost a ritual-selecting the scent, measuring the oils, selecting a different scent, mixing the lye and liquids, going back to your original choice for scent, etc!

after a successful batch cut and drying, you get the feeling that everything again is right with the world.

oh, yes-one more thing i dearly love: ORDERING F/O'S AND WAITING FOR THEM TO ARRIVE! :D

monet

Back