What is our profession title?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinko

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just found this forum - happy be join :D

My question to all of you - what do you call yourself when people ask you what you do?

I make soap, skincare & bath products, aromatherapy products, herbal remedies & salves, perfume... all 100% natural.

What profession title covers all of that?

Pharmacist? It must have been hard to get approvals needed in Canada to sell salves and herbal remedies - the hurdles are high.

I mean external herbal remedies for skin conditions, not internal remedies. There is no regulation for cosmetic herbal remedies, as long as no medical claims are made.

What I mean is that "Soapmaker" isn't really the right term for people who make more than just soap. Is there a title that covers the whole spectrum?

Kinko said:
I mean external herbal remedies for skin conditions, not internal remedies. There is no regulation for cosmetic herbal remedies, as long as no medical claims are made.

What I mean is that "Soapmaker" isn't really the right term for people who make more than just soap. Is there a title that covers the whole spectrum?
the term "remedy" is a claim.

but regardless, I call myself a soapmaker because first and foremost, that's what I am. the other stuff is peripheral for me.

cwarren said:
where do you get 100% natural lye ?

maybe kinko uses ash and rainwater to make their lye? i always thought it was hard to put a definite definiton on what natural means?

also i agree, that you make bath and body products sounds right to me :)

When applying to high end arts & craft shows, the organizers usually want a one word title for the medium. This is why i struggle with a title. I'm trying to educate some of the more snotty art show organizers in my area that our craft is valid. I thought that if they had a nice, simple, once word title for our medium to add to the applications, they might be a little more receptive.

..."A soap and body product artist" (but you need to speak it in a French accent, it sounds soooo much more professional lol :D

i don't like too many natural titles or things like that..but I personally like Artisan soap...even if other things are included lol

Latest posts

Back