What Fragrance with Cocoa Butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueSoap

Reaction score
I am needing to use up a bunch of my cocoa butter, and will be soaping with it in the upcoming days. It does have that wonderful chocolate smell, but I wonder how it will work with frangrances. I'm doing CP, and am worried about any remaining cocoa butter fragrance clashing with EOs or FO.

Any advice?

Thanks

Oh, sorry. I'm planning to use about 20% cocoa butter.

I suppose it may depend upon how much you use. For what it's worth, I use natural cocoa butter in my Castile-type formula at 6%, and although I can smell it comng through a little during the first week of cure, it disappears after that.

IrishLass :)

Some light scent might come through depending on what % you use.

I'd use foody type FOs - vanilla, coffee, etc. that would complement the natural smell of the cocoa butter. Citrus or mint would also be nice.

I use cocoa butter in almost every batch I've made (only about 20 batches though), and I never smell it. But I scent my soaps pretty strongly.

you should try making a batch with coffee . i hear cocoa butter and coffeee make a cool soap.

Unscented, vanilla, mint, orange, food scents are great. If you list what you have, I can help you pick. I love super smelly cocoa butter! I make a 25% cocoa butter soap. I have left it unscented so far and it smells amazing.

it should not change your scent really i use it in bars for men as it makes the bar harder make sure you check the lye, if you want to use uo cocoa butter you could make your self a massage bar or body butter though. :p

I use cocoa butter in a mint chocolate soap i make. It smells divine and reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

I never can smell cocoa butter in soap bars and I've tried using a lot.

So many wonderful suggestions.
Larissa suggested strawberries and that works wonderfully. Other fragrances I've used: raspberry, orange [you can use FO or EO] and of course that enduring classic: peppermint!
Cocoa butter is so adaptable! :D

ahh I wish the smell would stay, I have used it many times in my cp and never smelled it.

SC Cocoa Butter FO does NOT behave in CP. I had a foul-smelling, burned mess.

For your question I would make a 16 oz batch of soap split it and only fragrance one half. I would use 10X orange for one half and nothing for the second half.

Personally the only product I make where the cocoa butter scent comes thru is a solid lotion, and I like it.

Latest posts

Back