What did YOU do today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a bit cautious because it's almost October. There might come an accidental frost and I don't want to lose precious herbs to some early frost. So I try to hurry up a bit. When the winter will remain warm (which can also happen) then there will be an extra harvest of herbs this year. I hope so.

We had snow two days ago, and tomorrow it will be 76. I am hoping for that, as I need to wash my garden pots before storing them and then put away the hose. I am still moving rather slowly after total hip replacement surgery. Today I worked at church in the morning (secretary/treasurer), went to a meeting in the afternoon, and I am painting scenes on little plastic pumpkins this evening for a craft fair. Have not done much soapmaking since the surgery, as I want to be more steady on my feet for safety. Hoping to make a few batches by the end of the month to be ready for Christmas.

Today I threw some rye grass seed out in the pastures for the goats to have forage since we finally have some rain in Texas. I also fed my bottle calves with goat milk and bred a doe and listening to church online today. Going to work on some orders and making a batch of soap for an order this afternoon. Always busy when you have a goat farm and soap business!

@AmazonCowgirl that sounds way busier than I want to be today. I had my flu shot yesterday and am feeling a little queasy.

That said, I'm baking bread today. This one, in particular:

https://sunnygandara.com/5-reasons-to-love-norwegian-bread/
I started it yesterday, now it needs to rest for a couple of hours, before getting it into the pans for the final rise.

Had to dig through my remaining box of EO's. I am actually making deodorants today for an order, and also making up a very small batch of my Rescue Oil. These are the only two things I still make since I am still not ready to give up my recipes so someone else can make them for me.

I actually had to give in and buy a few oils including Tamanu and of course, I finally found mine in the back of the freezer. Knew I had the darn bottle of it... I keep my deodorant base made up in bulk and in the freezer so it is easy. I did keep most of my supplies for making it because my granddaughter and I only use my deodorant sticks. I have a few customers that still call me and buy several at a time.

Had to dig through my remaining box of EO's. I am actually making deodorants today for an order, and also making up a very small batch of my Rescue Oil. These are the only two things I still make since I am still not ready to give up my recipes so someone else can make them for me.

I actually had to give in and buy a few oils including Tamanu and of course, I finally found mine in the back of the freezer. Knew I had the darn bottle of it... I keep my deodorant base made up in bulk and in the freezer so it is easy. I did keep most of my supplies for making it because my granddaughter and I only use my deodorant sticks. I have a few customers that still call me and buy several at a time.
What is your favorite deodorant scents? I just added deodorants to my product line and people are buying them like crazy but wanting new scent options and I have no idea.

@AmazonCowgirl that sounds way busier than I want to be today. I had my flu shot yesterday and am feeling a little queasy.

That said, I'm baking bread today. This one, in particular:

https://sunnygandara.com/5-reasons-to-love-norwegian-bread/
I started it yesterday, now it needs to rest for a couple of hours, before getting it into the pans for the final rise.
Wow! That bread sounds amazing. Now I want to bake bread instead of make soap! Look what you did! lol I'm gonna save that recipe though.

Wow! That bread sounds amazing. Now I want to bake bread instead of make soap! Look what you did! lol I'm gonna save that recipe though.
LOL.. Allow me to inspire you even more. Mine just came out of the oven.

Attachments

• 20221016_131231_HDR.jpg
    20221016_131231_HDR.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 0
What is your favorite deodorant scents? I just added deodorants to my product line and people are buying them like crazy but wanting new scent options and I have no idea.
Lemongrass, Lavender, Tea Tree, and Tea Tree/Lemongrass mix, and Dragon's Blood was my top seller. I sold a lot of DB to men. I do not sell anymore since I am out of business, other than the few customers that still call me. For me it is strictly un-fragranced I cannot use any EO or fragrance in Deo sticks, absolutely No Baking Soda

Well, I was on here earlier so I looked up @Misschief bread recipe, then looked up a lot of bread recipes after LOL. I have made bread in the past, then got a breadmaker, which makes your house smell great, but weird bread. Been stockpiling yeast packets lately, so maybe making bread is in my near future...

I canned soup and stock that I made yesterday. So I have 3 more quarts of stock and one quart of tortilla soup. The rest is in the fridge to bring to work tomorrow.

I am currently dehydrating mushrooms, because mushroom powder is good in every dish.

Weird thing today though. I had just set my alarm (and started looking up bread recipes LOL), and someone knocked on the door, then rang the ring doorbell. It was a woman and there was a white car in my neighbors driveway. Watching the ring doorbell and seeing that she and the car were a few houses down, I opened the door figuring they left yet another card or something.

She jogs back (not a small woman), but stops at the end of my driveway and asks if she can have permission to walk through my back yard to see if their drone landed back there. The guy gets out of the little white car, they look sincere so I walked them back through my yard and my neighbors yard. She says "I don't want to walk back there, they don't know me"....I'm like well they know me. The guy has a gadget in his hand for the drone. They stayed in my yard as I looked around in the neighbors yard (they weren't home anyway).

It was just weird though, they didn't really look for it. I pointed over to my bougainvillea and said jokingly "you are welcome to look in there" she's like no, not going near that". (its a really sharp, thorny bush common around here). She gave me her phone number in case I found it, and they left.

Probably harmless. Or maybe I scared them away being that this is the Gunshine state LOL and I had my baby in the back of my jeans, and had a shirt on with a picture of an AR-15 on the front...i've never shot an AR, it's just a really comfortable shirt that I only wear around the house.

If it wasn't harmless, at least my house alarm went off while they were there, that I had to run in to turn it off, my baby girl in the back of my jeans, and my tshirt with an AR15 pic on the front LOL.

I thought it was harmless until I sat around mulling about it for a bit inside. Like I was looking for it more than they were. I dunno.

So I guess while I am here talking about me lol, this will be my new puppy. He is my friends dog that is too much for her right now. Tonka might be a little much for me too, but she has a 3 year old and wants him in a good home. I'm getting a fence (in 4 weeks, just filed the permit YAY). We just need a few play-dates. Just too big for me to be like "yeah, drop him off" lol.

Meet Tonka the Cane Corso Mastiff (who is so sweet, he doesn't know he can get out of the baby gate and lets other dogs sit on him). But fierce protectors of the home :)

tempImageRio0Xv.jpg
tempImageuL7bfO.jpg

Today is my best friend's (my DH's) birthday, and we've had a fantastic day! I took a comp day from work, so the first order of business was to stay up late last night and then sleep in this morning. :) Then I made our favorite breakfast: crispy bacon cooked in the oven, super crispy hash browns, and two eggs over easy. Oh, and coffee made in our 1960's Sunbeam percolator from locally roasted beans. Our only slight divergence in the breakfast menu is that his coffee is black, and mine has coconut cream and the Vital Proteins chocolate-flavored collagen peptides. Don't judge! 😂

After digesting a bit, we rode our bikes down to the local greenbelt, which goes for miles and miles along the river. It was an absolutely perfect fall day: not too hot, not too cold, no wind, bright blue skies, colored leaves on the trees... just superb! Oh, and none of the crowds that are usually out on the weekends... just an open path and a few friendly walkers with their doggies.

After we got home and rested a bit, I made an early dinner of bacon-wrapped filets, pan-fried garlicky asparagus, and homemade rhubarb-applesauce. I would have wrapped the asparagus in bacon, too, but figured that might be a bit much. Wait, can there ever be too much bacon?! 🤔😆

He requested buttered popcorn for dessert while watching a movie.... aaaand there *might* be some GF double-stuffed Oreos that he doesn't know about that might make an appearance with the popcorn. 🤫 😛 He will get his real birthday cake on Saturday when a bunch of friends will come over for dessert and some card games, or maybe dominos.

His presents were a bunch of mounted photos from his older photo albums: his mom, his dad, his kids when they were little, and of course, some of our favorite wedding pictures. He says it's been a great day, and I concur. 🥰

Today is my best friend's (my DH's) birthday, and we've had a fantastic day! I took a comp day from work, so the first order of business was to stay up late last night and then sleep in this morning. :) Then I made our favorite breakfast: crispy bacon cooked in the oven, super crispy hash browns, and two eggs over easy. Oh, and coffee made in our 1960's Sunbeam percolator from locally roasted beans. Our only slight divergence in the breakfast menu is that his coffee is black, and mine has coconut cream and the Vital Proteins chocolate-flavored collagen peptides. Don't judge! 😂

After digesting a bit, we rode our bikes down to the local greenbelt, which goes for miles and miles along the river. It was an absolutely perfect fall day: not too hot, not too cold, no wind, bright blue skies, colored leaves on the trees... just superb! Oh, and none of the crowds that are usually out on the weekends... just an open path and a few friendly walkers with their doggies.

After we got home and rested a bit, I made an early dinner of bacon-wrapped filets, pan-fried garlicky asparagus, and homemade rhubarb-applesauce. I would have wrapped the asparagus in bacon, too, but figured that might be a bit much. Wait, can there ever be too much bacon?! 🤔😆

He requested buttered popcorn for dessert while watching a movie.... aaaand there *might* be some GF double-stuffed Oreos that he doesn't know about that might make an appearance with the popcorn. 🤫 😛 He will get his real birthday cake on Saturday when a bunch of friends will come over for dessert and some card games, or maybe dominos.

His presents were a bunch of mounted photos from his older photo albums: his mom, his dad, his kids when they were little, and of course, some of our favorite wedding pictures. He says it's been a great day, and I concur. 🥰
Happy birthday to your DH!! It sounds like the perfect day! And, no, there can never be too much bacon! (I even have a lip balm flavour oil called Makin' Bacon!)

Latest posts

Back