what did anyone make this weekend??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I made some "seventh heaven"(aroma haven) for an order and she wanted it swirled the way it was last time!, which was kinda a mistake, but i did it, poured soap in slab mold, waited til it got thick, squirted blue and red michaels color on top and swirled, it worked.
then i grated some orange soap(orange chili pepper) and put it in log mold with some almond orange oatmeal(gelluminations), did add some wsp almond, since that co. make weak fos.

OMG! I am in the middle of making 100 plus bars of Frankenstein soap. I am getting dizzy. They are M&P but they are triple pours w/ embeds & I only have 30 cavities.

oh wow tabitha! Post some pics!!

I didn't make anything but I think I will on Monday. Not sure what yet.

I finally soaped a Christmas EO Blend that I concocted about three weeks ago. It turned out okay. I haven't cut yet. I think I lost the blue I put in. Smells okay. The fir I put in isn't coming through but it might yet. I also did DS Black Tie Affair in a shaving soap. This was a mover. I had to kind of glop it into the PVC pipe, but it smells good. Tomorrow I am doing Oakmoss and maybe WSP's Euphoria Blend. I am getting disappointed in how my blues are turning out yet. Works some days and others not. The nots are always in the ones I reallly want to work. I will probably also do more OMH - at least I don't have to color it. Happy soaping, everyone.

Wish I could say that I was having as much fun as the rest of you. Right now I am hosting my 14 year old's sleepover party. They have already been to the nail salon for manicures, eaten supper, played flashlight tag outdoors and oh yes, had loads of drama when one of the 9 girls left following a "disagreement" with 2 of the other girls.

My hubby and son played it smart. They left after supper to go to a hockey game. Ten o' clock Sunday morning can't come fast enough!! :wink:

Jude

oh my Jude!! My daughter is at a slumber party too! You kinda had to stay though since you're the mom. lol

heyjude said:
Wish I could say that I was having as much fun as the rest of you. Right now I am hosting my 14 year old's sleepover party. They have already been to the nail salon for manicures, eaten supper, played flashlight tag outdoors and oh yes, had loads of drama when one of the 9 girls left following a "disagreement" with 2 of the other girls.

My hubby and son played it smart. They left after supper to go to a hockey game. Ten o' clock Sunday morning can't come fast enough!! :wink:

Jude

ROFL! Reminding me why I don't have kids!

I am making three batches of guest soaps, just did my mojito mint, will work on pumpkin tomorrow and maybe another. Just got a FO order in. My mind is whirling with ideas!!!

Sorry Tab. They sure are cute, tho!!! Sounds like a pain in the meantime!

i made a small tester batch of whipped body butter for the first time. i love it!!

oh, i remember the "sleepovers', i have two girls, they would be going to bed as i was getting up! yikes. Now iam empty nest and not sad at all.

I made a wonderful batch or honey oatmeal bars, with lots of oatmeal for exfoliating. I also made a batch of lemon lime with yellow and green swirls. Annnnnnnnd I made a christmas batch white with red swirls. Busy day today.

So far I've made up more Mayan Gold, Drakkar Noir, and Santa's Pipe. I also made some scented with Patchouli, Sandalwood, Nag Champa and a touch of Almond. I had a little of each left over, threw them all in and the soap smells good and feminine earthy, not too strong and I think I'll call it "Mother Earth:)
I have also been working on Sugar Scrubbie Cubes and have gotten, Brown Sugar, First Rain, Ginger Lime and Pink Sugar done so far with more of these and a couple more batches of soap planned for tomorrow.

Finally finished cleaning/reorganizing the shop and was so looking forward to doing "something/anything".
So I decided to do a batch of Pumpkin hazelnut bath bombs. Darn if they didn't turn into Bath Blobs instead :shock: I'm so disappointed :(

Oh well, I think tomorrow I'll work on some soap. Not sure what kind yet, but it will probably be something fall like :)

12 halloween soaps, with another 6 or so 'roundels' for the family - hinoki wood and ginger milk for my brother and mother.

and just for fun i've been messing with solid lotion/body butter bars....and I got my recipe perfected. I used cocoa butter and the whole house smells chocolatey and lovely. I made 4 chapsticks (for dry spots), 7 half sized 'bars', 5 full sized ones, and 3 'sample' sized ones.

Tomorrow, peppermint soap! 15 LB.

Ive had a lovely laidback weekend.Loving it! Friday night I did an unscented batch with chamomile & calendula infused in the OO,calendula petals added for a little colour at trace.I love doing that soap.Soo easy & smells good.
And I made shampoo for the very first time.Wahoo!Not a total success,but I know what the problem was,which I'm slightly amazed about.Finally the pieces are falling into place! :wink:

Two logs each of
Peppermint Chocolate
Orange Cinnamon Clove
Geranium/ Palma Rosa

Then I embedded the Pomegranate rounds in 2 logs of Vanilla to make Moon soap.

Still have to make
Litsea Ginger Patchouli
Oakmoss
Milk Silk Honey
Lavender

Not enough hours in the day :)

I made a plain unscented, uncolored soap for a friend of mine with skin issues, and an apple pie scent that seized. I haven't looked this am, but may be rebatching it later.

I made unscented GM soap. Used plastic molds which were a pain to use until I figured how to get the soap out. The soap turned out a creamy tan color. I think it will be a keeper!

This morning I tried a peppermint soap with ground madder root infused oil for a red swirl. My fingers are crossed, it looks pretty on the top.

Stacie

Back