What are your bestsellers?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loolee

Reaction score
If you sell B&B products, what items do you carry and what are your best sellers?

I've made my list in highest sales, down to least sales:
1. Soap
2. Lip Balms
3. Solid Lotion (in the winter, mostly local Wisconsn folks)
4. Salt Soap
5. Lip Scrub (again, mostly in the winter)
6. Solid Perfume

I also just started selling my crocheted washcloths, soap savers & face scrubbies online. They sell well at craft shows, but I don't know how they'll do online. I'll be adding solid sugar scrubs to my online shop soon because I've had people ask for them, but locally they do not sell.

I no longer carry bath bombs, bath salts & liquid lotion, because they just didn't sell well. But that was locally at shows and stuff, so maybe they sell better online.

But over the years, I've seen from different sellers that their best sellers may be different due to location, or if they only sell online, how they package their stuff, etc.

thanks for your reply, Genny. It is interesting seeing what sells well for some people and not for others.

It seems like things like bath oil, bath salts, and bath bombs are not in vogue at the moment. But something will come up and make them front and center again.

Loolee said:
thanks for your reply, Genny. It is interesting seeing what sells well for some people and not for others.

It seems like things like bath oil, bath salts, and bath bombs are not in vogue at the moment. But something will come up and make them front and center again.

People tend to shower rather than bathe. We are living time poor lives. Plus the explosion in home crafting means a lot of people make these items for themselves now to give as gifts.

This is an interesting topic for me, too. I haven't branched out too much from soap, but I noticed that one of my favorite Etsy stores sells lip balm, and some types she can barely keep in stock! Earlier today, she posted a new batch of what I think might be her best-selling lip balm, which is called Unicorn Farts (http://www.etsy.com/listing/85884024/un ... v1_other_1). It smells awesome. She had 30 available. A minute ago, I checked, and she's down to 10. That's pretty awesome, I think. I imagine the product's popularity is down to two things: 1) clever marketing (funny name + funny, well-written product blurb) and 2) great product. I had to buy one, myself, and I figured I'd grab two more "flavors" while I was at it. That's another thing: lip balm sort of invites you to buy several kinds. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't try making some, too!

Also made my first whipped body butter tonight, and I can imagine why that one would be a good seller. I used shea butter, coconut oil, and sweet almond oil with a sample fo I got from Bramble Berry, and it came out really well. That stuff can get pretty expensive. I felt really smart after I made it. :p

Edited to add: It looks like she's completely out of Unicorn Farts lip balm once again! Must be a huge seller for her!

Wow, that's interesting. I never buy lip balm so wouldn't have thought of that...

Are lotion bars lotion in bar form? I mean, that sounds silly it's so obvious - but it's a product you do not rinse off, is that right?

yes. they are a solid bar that you just rub all over.

The very first thing I ever made was a lotion bar and it was awful. It just sat on my skin and was super greasy. I think it was coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter and beeswax.

Back