what are these little white things?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marilynmac

Reaction score
This is the trouble loaf I've been waiting for all week. I cut it (still too soft to cut, see how it smooshes). what are all this tiny white irregular specs? they are tip-of-toothpick size. I dug some of them out and zap tested, they are fine. Could they be air bubbles?? There is kaolin clay in here, and activated charcoal in the black parts.

varwwwclientsclient1web3tmpphphw6Wrn.jpg

Could you please upload the photo directly to the forum and not a link, it's not showing.

It looks like bubbles to me, but I'm far from an expert. Did you use any TD? That can speckle soap, from time to time.
I hope someone else has an answer with certainty for you, soon!

It looks like air bubbles to me, too. I've noticed that if air bubbles are present when I go to cut, little pieces of soap get dragged along my by knife and turn into tiny white smudges on the face of my soap.

IrishLass :)

Thanks, everyone. I'm sure they are air bubbles now. I didn't thump out the mold much, and was getting a little more casual with the stick blender.

Latest posts

Back