What are the benefits of using RTCP?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emilaid

Reaction score
I've just learned about RTCP on another thread and I was wondering what the benefits of this method are compared to CP?

I'd like to try it with my next batch, but I'll have to wait for my new supplies to be delivered!! :D

depends on which definition of RTCP you are going with.

in both you won't need a thermometer.

if the one where the lye solution is made up ahead of time and cooled to room temp, and the oils are melted and blended and also allowed to cool then:
- you can set up ahead of time
- things move more slowly so you tricky FOs and swirls are easier
- you can avoid gel more easily if you wish

if the one where the oils are left as is (at room temp) without melting, and you add the piping hot fresh lye solution to them then
- you needn't wait for anything to cool
(although it has many proponents, this doesn't give ME consistent results)

For me, the benefits are timesaving.

I currently have 2 drums with taps. Each of these drums will hold 6 batches worth of pre-mixed oils, with room for shaking to mix the oils. I have 6 molds, and generally will fill each mold when I soap. I can generally unmold after 12 hours.

So, in a weekend, I can make 240 bars of soap without having to haul out all the oils separately, the lye drum, measure, heat, pour, etc. My normal routine is 6 batches friday arvo, 6 batches saturday arvo, refill my pre-mix on sunday ready for the next lot.

The only thing I find I need to worry about is the weather. In summer, I get gel every time with no problems. In winter, I need to help it along a little as everything is cooler. No real problems there, pop it in the oven for a bit then wrap it with blankets for the night. I also have molds with lids that are stackable, so they all help each other to stay warm & do their thing :D

I can't wait to try it!!

I'll try the one when you keep the oils solid and pour the hot lye mixture into them :)

It just seems so simple :D

I'll let you allkknow how I get on :)

With mine its ease for sure, plus the fragrences are much stronger and stay better. I use a kitchen blender (not a stick blender) I melt all my oils together and dump them in the blender, I then get everything for my soap all ready to go and there it sits. Sometimes for hours, sometimes days before I get some kids free time. I will not soap when the kids are home and awake, they either have to be gone or asleep, I'm just to much of a nervous nelly to soap around 6 wild kids. Then when I am ready I mix my lye with my liquids stir till its ready, turn on my blender and dump it in. Add any additive and pour into the mold. This way my lye and raw soap is out no more than 5 minutes, maybe 10 if I am getting fancy with the colors. Its so easy and at least to me it seems so much safer. I only make soap for my family, so I can make a nice 1.5 lb batch pretty quickly. HTH ;0)

GoddessMama said:
With mine its ease for sure, plus the fragrences are much stronger and stay better. I use a kitchen blender (not a stick blender) I melt all my oils together and dump them in the blender, I then get everything for my soap all ready to go and there it sits. Sometimes for hours, sometimes days before I get some kids free time. I will not soap when the kids are home and awake, they either have to be gone or asleep, I'm just to much of a nervous nelly to soap around 6 wild kids. Then when I am ready I mix my lye with my liquids stir till its ready, turn on my blender and dump it in. Add any additive and pour into the mold. This way my lye and raw soap is out no more than 5 minutes, maybe 10 if I am getting fancy with the colors. Its so easy and at least to me it seems so much safer. I only make soap for my family, so I can make a nice 1.5 lb batch pretty quickly. HTH ;0)

do you mix the lye up before hand and let it cool or do you mix it before putting it in?

GoddessMama: OMG you have 6 kids and still have time to soap :eek: :eek: I take my hat off to you :lol:

I'm bad enough with just 2 kids!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back