Well poo, this just isn't my week!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Golly! This has been a crappy week for me! Monday starts a new week and I'm ready!

I broke a plastic mold trying to get my soap out! I made a double batch. One was unscented, the other had goat's milk + scent.

So I put them in the freezer to pop them out and the scented one popped right out.

The other one..omg, I broke the stupid mold and was stubborn and basically had to scoop it out. I probably should have just left it.

Ugh, I may try to "ball" them up

It's nice soap, it bubbles real nice but it's a ugly goopy mess.

POO is all I have to say

:lol:

Thanks for listening :)

I'm fine. if my first soaps started like this, I probably would have given up..LOL

I do like this new soap though.

For soft soaps? How long do you leave it in the mold before unmolding?

If I had it in the log mold, I could have just pulled it up and left it in loaf for a while before cutting.

Is that what you guys do?

Rosey said:
For soft soaps? How long do you leave it in the mold before unmolding?

If I had it in the log mold, I could have just pulled it up and left it in loaf for a while before cutting.

Is that what you guys do?

imho, soap will come out in it's own sweet time! sometimes patience, and a few extra days is it's own reward. some soaps i've had to wait a week!

perhaps it didn't gel? i know from experience :roll: that non-gelled in little molds can be very contrary!

soap gremlins be gone! :shock:

Sorry you are having such a frustrating time of it.

When I first started out I used silicone baking and muffin pans for my molds. They worked great. The soap came right out and the muffin pans made wonderful individual bars that were easy to handle. And clean up was a breeze.

I've never had problems with these molds. It's a plastic mold that makes around 2oz squares.

I will get log molds (silicone or other) when I have some funds. I have one log mold now.

I should have left it but hindsight is 20/20.

It didn't gel. I wanted it to but it didn't. The soap was very soft. I cut what I could to ship off to testers when it cures and molded the rest with my hands. I do love this soap though!

Rosey said:
I've never had problems with these molds. It's a plastic mold that makes around 2oz squares.

I will get log molds (silicone or other) when I have some funds. I have one log mold now.

I should have left it but hindsight is 20/20.

It didn't gel. I wanted it to but it didn't. The soap was very soft. I cut what I could to ship off to testers when it cures and molded the rest with my hands. I do love this soap though!

what might be fun if you're going to make soap balls, i have shaped them into kind of a "patty" and then pressed them in dried flowers, lavender buds and herbs. then just dry as usual. :D

I saw that on someone's site. Soap balls. I thought that was interesting. I should have gotten a rope and put soap on a rope for my FIL. He loves that stuff..lol

Latest posts

Back