Hi folks! I tried my first batch of bastile soap a couple days ago and the top has developed quite an interesting texture! I'm not too worried about it, it seems to be setting up nicely, I'm just very curious about what caused it. I have my suspicion that it got too hot during its gel phase (because of the sugar I assume) and that's what happened... but I'd still love to hear what other people think! Recipe: 75% OO (Pomace) 20% CO 5% Shea Butter 5% SF 38% Water (too high for bastile, I know!) 26.4% Lye Concentration 1 tbsp sugar PPO No fragrance, no colour. Poured at around 120 F at medium trace. Insulated with blankets for gelling. Looked nice and smooth while it gelled, then when I checked again in the morning it looked like this.